The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ECU options and info

mellonman

I want to start a thread to help people pick what ecu they go for and what options are out there im still new to all the single turbo stuff and it gets asked so much about ecu but what ones are good and what cost

syvecs 6

stand alone

great ecu, with traction control,knock control,great safeties for the engine

single turbo suited

£1,600

motec 600

stand alone

one of the best,does have lots of features but have to pay for them separatly

single turbo suited

from £2000 - £4,000 inc vat

AEM v1

stand alone

known to fail,need a hks dli (spark amp)

single turbo suited

AEM v2

stand alone

generally okay

single turbo suited

AEM fic

piggy back

has problems with magnetic sensors, which can cause a miss fire if on wrong firmware z107 is the better firmware for the supra,no safety features,just fuel and timing very basic ECU,resolution 21x17,boost control (fic8).

hybrid/parallel suited

£300

HKS fcon

piggy back

?

hybrid/parallel suited

HKS Fcon Vpro

stand alone

?

single turbo suited

APEXI power fc?

knock control,good ecu older and becoming rare

single suited

£800-£1000

APEXI safc

piggy back

most basic control over anything it just adjusts fuel,but has knock monitor

parallel suited

MAP2 ECU?

?

Emanage Blue

piggy back

?

hybrid/parallel suited

Emanage ulitmate

?

?

Emerald k6

6xinjector, 6xignition, 4xtraction/abs, 3xmaps, can bus, wide band correction, egt correction,16x32 resilution,boost control

£595 + vat

Megasquirt 3 with MS3X

Switchable fuel maps, launch control, knock control, boost control, safety limiters (oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, fuel pressure), canbus (for racelogic dash), traction control

single suited

£400

link

?

?

Well as you can tell i dont know much about ECU's but can people please share there knowledge and experiances on ECU's with features and what you think there problems are and what they are best suited for, add ones that i have not put up

or if you think this is a wasted idea

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I was searching for some ecu info and found this thread.. Good one Mellonman.. As you know I to have an AEM FIC and is looking at alternatives. My plan was Syvecs but with a baby on the way there is no way I can spend £2k on an ecu.. So what the verdict on alternatives to the Syvecs?

I was searching for some ecu info and found this thread.. Good one Mellonman.. As you know I to have an AEM FIC and is looking at alternatives. My plan was Syvecs but with a baby on the way there is no way I can spend £2k on an ecu.. So what the verdict on alternatives to the Syvecs?

Megasquirt MS3X

I'm running a single and is hoping to upgrade my injectors to 800 or 1000cc. Would the megasquirt handle this? I like to option you get with the Emerald k6

I've got some ID1600's in my V8, it runs that fine. Switchable fuel maps, launch control, knock control, boost control, safety limiters (oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, fuel pressure), canbus (for racelogic dash), traction control etc etc etc. I've yet to find something it can't do, being open source, it's widely supported too with a forum ready to help anyone out.

Find a trusted mapper and go with whatever ecu he advises is my advice, not many people i would trust with my car.

Ryan and a syvecs is my number 1 choice, if he was not about id go Dave rowe and motec, next in line would be Dan turner and an AEM.