The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lynbrook Insurance

JimC

Hi guys,

Following a thread I saw on here a few weeks back I have contacted Lynbrook insurance about possible insurance for my '98 RZ-S VVTI Supra.

They categorically said to me on two occasions that they do not insure Jap Supras yet I have spoken to a vouple of members on here who have their cars insured with them.

Can anyone else who has insurance with Lynbrook shed any light on this?

Thanks

Jim

If your over 25 try LWIB, they insure imports and can give you an agreed value policy on them.

I just reinsured with them this morning and im very happy with the service the policy and the price, infact

their the best i've dealt with in all my years with modified cars

If your over 25 try LWIB, they insure imports and can give you an agreed value policy on them.

I just reinsured with them this morning and im very happy with the service the policy and the price, infact

I'm insured with LWIB and have been for 3 years. I want to try Lynbrook as I have heard they can offer better deals.

I don't know why they are saying this, I am with Lynbrook with a classic policy for my Supra .

Me too!...and a lot cheaper than LWIB who i have been with for the last few years...and roadside/recovery breakdown cover thrown in as well...so i have saved another £118 AS WELL by not renewing my AA cover

I have been insured with them for two years and nothing in their policy paperwork mentions imports.

I even have agreed value after I took a load of pictures. I need to ring them as I suspect that they do not know a great deal about the car they are insuring.

H.

Does anyone have any contacts? Ive got the number straight off the website and also from another member but both took me through to the same guy (Sam) who said both times they do not insure Japanese Import cars. Maybe there is another branch of Lynbrook i should be talking with?

Just spoke to them again and gleaned a bit more information.

They now say it's because Im under 30 (I'm 29...30 in November) and the car is modified (BPU). That is why they cannot insure.

That's a bit rubbish, why couldn't they have told you that straight away. Looks like they need to retrain their staff as they don't know what they are doing !!

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)

Just spoke to them again and gleaned a bit more information.

They now say it's because Im under 30 (I'm 29...30 in November) and the car is modified (BPU). That is why they cannot insure.

I need to ask them about this then as I was thinkling about going BPU.

Why would they say that they don't cover imports and then put it down to your age? It sounds as if some of their staff couldn't find their arse with both hands..!!

That said, they were £380 cheaper than my best quote and I have never needed to claim, so ignorance is bliss.

H.

Ok spoke to Lynbrook this morning and they DO cover imports.

I spoke to a guy called Jason on the 01277 number. They also confirmed that it would be an extra £60 per year to cover the car if I went BPU up to around 380 HP.

Did he mention anything about age requirements?

I didn't ask. I am 37, why would I be worried?

Jim, you young pup, why don't you expend some energy and give them a call. Jason seemed to be quite pleasant.

H.

I feel like I've spent enough energy on them to be honest and it seems like they dont know their ass from their elbow.

Three different people have all told me different stories over the course of the last week.

Think I'll stick with LW.

I feel like I've spent enough energy on them to be honest and it seems like they dont know their ass from their elbow.

Three different people have all told me different stories over the course of the last week.

Think I'll stick with LW.

In fairness to LW they came second to Lynbrook the last time I priced around. I saved about £100 on the premium but until you make a claim you can't really have an oopinion on an insurance company.

H.

• 3 months later...

im going to try them

tried last time but they would not let me join them as im with sky