The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gottit at last !

Toytown

Finally managed to collect my supe at lunchtime today, after a 3 week wait since "ordering" it.

It was ready to go yesterday but the SVA muppets decided the double din unit needed to be ripped out & when the dealer refitted it, he lost all the graphic display :baa:

Left it until thismorning but the best he could do was to offer to send it for repair, which would leave me a gaping hole in my dash :( Told him I would sort it myself.

Did a few miles & then proceeded to rip it all apart, turns out it was a dodgy solder joint (fingers crossed), 2 hours work & it's sorted :)

Those of you that remember my moaning about the waiting will recall that I had a feeling it didn't go for SVA the first week. After quite a few calls, the story didn't really balance perfectly & upon seeing the MOT today it was MOT's on WEDNESDAY !!! Donna commented to the dealer & he said something about it being the date DVLA gave. In my humble opinion this is absolute bollox, but I left it because he's a decent bloke & I really didn't want an argument. If a main dealer writes 15/9/04 on the ticket, would we all agree that this is the date it passed !!! and of course we know it can't be registered without the mot. How the hell he turned it round in 2 days fails me completely, but like I said, he's a dealer trying to earn a living & maybe he just couldn't get it there the previous week.

I'm still a bit niggled with myself because either

1. He thinks I'm dumb enough to beleive the story

or

2. I am dumb & completely missing HOW he did this

I think I am not that far wrong. Have a good friend that imports bongo's & he says it's impossible to reg a vehicle without the mot (the DVLA stamp backs this up)

My Son works in a garage & does MOT's with his "boss". He insists that no way can an mot be created & then dated later (which I agree with 100%).

Oh well, he got paid, I got the car & the only bit missing is a week of supraless.

Rambling - will shutup now

:stupid:

congrats on getting ya motor!:p the place i got my motor from gave me my car with a big dent in the bonnet, because i wasnt in the country to pick it up the wife went and they had pulled the dent out to far and cracked the paint work and tried to hide it with touch up paint (dodgey gits), lucky ive got a tuned in wife, she spotted it and went mad, but they did all sorts to try and say they didnt know ( yeah, right ). thing is some of these people will do anything to pull the wool over your eyes, how ever some of the traders are not all that bad and take a bit of pride in what they sell.

enjoy ya motor :)

thanks Steveo

I'm not knocking the guy, he was better than most dealers I know & only ever having bought one vehicle from a dealrs front before, he's a gem compared to the other clown.

If he had bene an arse type, i would def have told him to shove it, but hey we're in business too & sometimes have to wriggle out of trouble because I forgot to, or couldn't do for a customer. Lifes not perfect --- I just wanted to have a little moan & groan :stupid:

:eek: PICS sg ??

Dunno if my standard, basic little NA is worthy of showing to the big boyz & girls :blink:

Oh well, here goes, now all them TT & Modified TT's will send me to coventry :looney:

http://www.signworkshops.co.uk/supef.jpg

http://www.signworkshops.co.uk/supeb.jpg

http://www.signworkshops.co.uk/supei.jpg

Not sure about the fastest colour bud ;) & i'm certainly not commenting on virginal white :D

just out of interest (& you lot will love this) .............

My brother in law has a 95 Jaguar XJR (340bhp supercharged), he took the supra out tonight & was impressed with the power & stunned by the responsive steering & general handling (he was braking for a corner & i told him he was pressing the wrong pedal :D

One up for the supras !!!