NGK Iridium Grade 7 plugs

2nd decat

Envy 1.2 Bar RR

RSR S/S Catback Exhaust

SRD 2 row FMIC

Blitz BOV

HKS FCD

HKS SLD

When I got the car, it had a stock airbox fitted and the mild steel version of the RSR exhaust (which I believe is a smaller diameter than my current one). I hit 0.7 and 0.8 bar at the first then 2nd turbo respectively.

I've had this Pipercross Carbon Induction Kit fitted to the car since it has been back on the road:

With the new RSR exhaust, it has been seeing only 0.65 and 0.75 bar of boost.

This afternoon, I changed back to a stock airbox with a new K&N filter. Managed to wrestle (blood, sweat and lots of shouting later) the FMIC pipes back on (proving you CAN run the stock airbox with a front mount ;) ) and tightened everything back up.

The car is now boosting 0.7 and 1.0 bar and feels RIDICULOUSLY fast (being a 5 speed, the ratios are in my favour :) ). Was breaking traction in a straight line in the bone dry with my new 275s and pulling sideways a bit! Awesome :D

I was surprised that there was that much restriction from the other filter. Suffice to say, I'm glad I bought another stock airbox!

1st decat to come next, that should be interesting! :eyebrows: Will have to get it dyno'd then to see what it is putting down!

Fantastic mate! I had sort of the same thing happen to me with my Corsa 2.0ltr turbo but it was also cutting out now and again, it took me ages to work out it was just the damn k&n restricting air flow but then again I was using the k&n air filter that was from my 1.2 engine pmsl oooooops! Mega fail on my behalf! Lol ;)

Probably, it was garbage anyway! I'm glad it is off! Car hasn't boosted like this ever before. It's mental. I see why everyone says that 5 speed BPUs are like small singles!

Certainly makes me want a GT35 or something!

I would never say my 5 speed bpu is like a small single no where near and I made 427bhp, have you been out in a supra with a small single?

I would never say my 5 speed bpu is like a small single no where near and I made 427bhp, have you been out in a supra with a small single?

No, but I have read it many times and know that the way it comes on boost is ace now, making me want a small single 6 speed! :D

Glad to see the old air box making a difference dude :D

Haha yeah, thanks! :)