The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast and Furious Replica (Orange Supra) - Take 2

pbryant_knight

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to you mate at least you are dedicated, Personally I am not into the F&F car although without all the decals and spoiler ect I think it has potential to look great like Mitchell9005's. The only other part that pains me is having all that work done to a NA..... On reflection of the film history at least that is keeping with the NA they used and you could always get a picture of Jamie p's nuclear power plant and just lay a cut out of it over yours :D

I love the F&F Supra, so if doing a replica to me it HAS to be an aero. Otherwise you've failed at making a replica aleady, the last replica you made was a hard top too :(

Still I'm sure once you've finished building her I'll still love it, doesn't need to be an exact copy does it? :D So good luck and keep us updated with tons of pics!! :)

Just have the kit and don't do the stickers would be a good start. I always prefer to be in something that is quicker than it looks and not the other way round (I have a NA so awaiting backlash) as when you get a common run of the mill car that is faster than yours and you are in a film car wearing one of dudes shirts and chest wigs and maybe a medallion it just feels pants.

Yeah, but i got this car for a bargain. ;)

I know it's not an aerotop, but they are still going for more than i would like to pay really.

I know it's not to everyones tatse, but i like movie and TV cars (Hence KITT from Knightrider that i also used to own.) and it is THIS car that really put the Supra on the map. I love the outlandish colour, wild graphics and genuine presence that the F&F car has.

Ps. this is a build thread, not a "lets bash the owner for doing this" thread :) so although i love the Futurama picture, i feel that the slogan does not offer much in the way of encouragement ;)

Peter

Edited by pbryant_knight (see edit history)

Ps. this is a build thread, not a "lets bash the owner for doing this" thread :) so although i love the Futurama picture, i feel that the slogan does not offer much in the way of encouragement ;)

Peter

ps - this is a forum and, as such, people are entitled to give their opinions. If you can't accept negative comments, don't post.

[GRIN][/GRIN]

I'll second that

+1 , good luck to you . I do remember seeing someone in the UK doing a full replica it was front cover + full spread in mag on fast car or maxpower all I remember it was along side a artic lorry and they were shaking fists .

Fast and Furious was the reason i fell in love with supras i still love that car

I think a lot of people would say the same. I say go for it Pete you only live once so do what you want with it! Make sure you put lots of pictures up, it does look like a very nice base car though, there must be one with ratty paintwork out there that needs a good going over, yours looks mint as it is.

same here ever since the F&F film i wanted a supra i love the supra on the film i just can't get on with the spoiler they put on i love the original spoiler but everyone's taste is different so i say go for it do what you want to do with it after all its your supra, good luck bud put some pics up as you get further on with it :)