The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Development: Interior panels/ parts in real carbon

Callaway Motorsport

Hi guys,

Ok, so we are looking to sit around the table soon to set up a new program for the Supra MK4,

we already make alot of carbon interior + exterior parts for the GTR R35 and other exotics, and we want to expand this ofcourse.

The current parts lined up for the Supra in either gloss or matte are:

Exterior:

- Door handles, so the handle and the inner part will be done

- Door mirrors complete or you can just have the top part (actual mirror housing) done.

- Front stock bumper lip

- Stock rear spoiler.

- Stock Rear arch/ bumper trim (the one which sits behind the rear wheel)

- Windscreen wiper cowling (we are not sure about this yet, it is a difficult part to do and very expensive, so very unlikely someone for supra will want it, but we will still get a price for it as option)

Interior:

- Dash panel set (pre + facelift) and then seperate cost for auto/manual surround.

- Door handles, complete set of inner, so the surround and the lever.

- Drivers side electric window button surround (passenger side we are not doing, because it is one large piece, and too flexible which doesnt make it reliable/ durable with carbon and varnish)

- Handbrake lever.

- Map light surround

Here are some examples of the gloss and matte (matte is very difficult to picture, as we still put a little lacquer on, to still give it a nice depth look)

Matte/ aka Dry carbon

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-GZBnpkwXNrA/T3cjILznjGI/AAAAAAAAD20/rxrawWOuZ4s/s313/Dry-carbon_normal_w.jpg

Gloss Carbon

We will have pricing for more or less everything next week.

Facelift dash/cowling/ mirrors/ handles + front bumper lip will be the week after.

These parts are what we are still working on:

- Rear bumper surrounds

- Door Sills

- abflug upper glovebox carbon gauge holder (currently working on this)

- Custom carbon steering wheel (what this would be is like the Gallardo steering wheel we do, carbon is applied on the top and bottom of the steering wheel)[/b]

example of what we do on the steering wheel:

http://blog.dcautomotive.nl/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Steering-wheel_leather_stitch_w.jpg

I would like to hear who is interested and any further ideas of what you would like to see us be making in Carbon.

whether it be interior or exterior, we can do it for you at a reasonable price and within a reasonable time.

Dane.

Edited by Callaway Motorsport (see edit history)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be a good idea to make Both 2din and single din dash panels (for those who want to fit there own gauges)

For example (but in carbon):

Then people can fit there own gauges 1,2 or 3

I'd be very interested in a set of dash trims in real carbon! In fact I will send you my credit card details now :D lol

+1, i have 1 carbon door seal on passenger side , so i need drivers side!

Deffo up for the carbon front bumper lip.

I will make a group buy of these if need be...

A scuttle panel that retains all the factory vents etc would be good, looking forward to seeing some interior bits :cool:

We do these for the Porsche 996, but THEY ARE EXPENSIVE lol, its a very time consuming part to say the least, but we can do it!!

Be a good idea to make Both 2din and single din dash panels (for those who want to fit there own gauges)

I'd be very interested in a set of dash trims in real carbon! In fact I will send you my credit card details now :D lol

We will do standard double din. But if someone wants ones done with custom setup, you will have to send us your current ones.

Headlight inserts is an epic idea, i would be interested in door handles, im thinking that would be a bit difficult though.

Door handles we can do no problem.... good idea though!!

Fantastic idea..!

I would be totally interested in 'steering wheel, door cards, dash panel and door sills'. 'Facelift model'

Batmax, a member on here had the items below custom made for his car if you could produce these items count me in for the complete package.

What is your deadline to have these products launched?

batmax3.jpg

batmax interior.jpg

batmax interior 2.jpg

No deadline yet, we don't really work like that, our main goal is quality, some carbon parts these days (like on batmax's car)

you can see that some of the carbon lay is not completely straight, thats something you wont see on our products.

We take the time to make them completely straight and even across the panels/ parts they are layered on.

I am setting up costings etc soon, I hope to have more information in about two weeks.

One of the members on this forum will be having the first prototype made :)

No deadline yet, we don't really work like that, our main goal is quality, some carbon parts these days (like on batmax's car)

you can see that some of the carbon lay is not completely straight, thats something you wont see on our products.

We take the time to make them completely straight and even across the panels/ parts they are layered on.

I am setting up costings etc soon, I hope to have more information in about two weeks.

One of the members on this forum will be having the first prototype made :)

Awesome, I look forwards to the updates and hopefully some of your products in my car..!

Really depends on the size of the part, and the area which needs to be covered.

Not able to give eta's right this moment. But i would guess around two weeks.

That is very quick, I would of guessed a month, when you get some numbers together i would be interested in the prices for parts especially the door handles, i think that could be a really cool touch.