The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"Great Experience Days " - scam !!!!!

Kitt

Over a year ago my lovely girlfriend paid £400 for a Ferrari / Rally track day via " Great Experience Days ". Yesterday we drove from Bristol to Bruntingthorpe, stayed overnight then went to the track. We were then given a letter which explained that " Great Experience Days " had now been put into Administration and unless I had paid by credit card ( which we hadn't ) I would lose the lot !!

We paid £400 for the experience, £50 petrol, £55 accomodation, £40 food, day off work and will get nothing for it apart from feeling knackered, thoroughly pi**ed off and the car covered in crap from motorway driving in the rain !!

If you have anything booked through this company for god sake ring the track beforehand :mad:

Precisely, that's why I say it's a " scam " !!

Basically you book through Great Experience Days who then book the experience itself via Drivers Dream Day who then book the track and bring along the cars.

"GED" owes "DDD" over £50k in unpaid bookings and thus when you arrive for the event "DDD" can't let you go on it because you technically haven't paid !

"DDD" have tried to contact as many people as they know about to tell them that "GED" have gone into Administration but I was unfortunately not on the list !

If you try calling "GED" you will get a message which says something along the lines of, " we are experiencing a few technical difficulties due to unforeseen circumstances. "

Unforeseen my arse, bunch of wan*ers is what I say !

I know its not the quite the same...

But I went on one of these Ferrari experience days a fewyears ago as a present for my birthday from my fiancee.

It was by Loughborough IIRC, and though I did get to drive two ferraris and a masserati I felt we'd been ripped off somewhat.

Why? Well, we got 3 (small) laps in the ferrari's and one in the maserrati, a ride in a Audi TT with a driver, a drive in a fire engine and one in a jeep with opposite driving controls. Oh yeah and a lap in VW Golf gti.

For the money that was paid, I felt it was a bit wrong calling it a "Ferrari Experience" when most of the time was spent in the fire engine, and very, very little was spent in the Ferrari's.

to be honest, i've found that when booking things like this it's often better to try it privatly.

for insntace my ex bought a glider day. The package price was somewhere close to 100. Insteasd she approched the club directly, they took £15 guest membership day then £10 for 3 winch launches ... any additional launches cost 5 quid.

had a great day, loads of flying and it was much cheaper. She did the same the following year but in a little powered jobbie and again savied a packet

I forgot to post about this but last week my mate started talking about this Ferrari day he was going on. Turns out it was through GED and I told him the story. He said he'd thought something had been going on as he couldn't get through to anyone on the phone number and no replies to e-mails. Luckily his girlfriend who bought it for him had paid on credit card so she can claim it back.

Cheers for the heads up!