The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitted new lambda sensors!

Supra N_A

will be seeing more mpg for sure :D

looks identical to the toyota lambda sensor! half the price!

will report back on this to see how it is going ! a good few people have noticed huge difference in fuel ;)

both together

toyota sensor

also buffed my headlights and got this result :) like new alot of muck came of these so it is worth wile doing so...

• 3 weeks later...

The lambda after the 1st cat in an NA, is that a different type of sensor to the one above?....the reason that I ask is, I replaced the gasket between my 1st cat and the centrepipe and the sensor I saw was a longer, thinner one, almost like ceramic if that makes any sense? It has the same flange fitting as the one above, but the actual sensor is leaking and the bolt heads are so rusted that they are barely recogniseable! I dont want to swap it only to find I have the wrong replacement one.

The lambda after the 1st cat in an NA, is that a different type of sensor to the one above?....the reason that I ask is, I replaced the gasket between my 1st cat and the centrepipe and the sensor I saw was a longer, thinner one, almost like ceramic if that makes any sense? It has the same flange fitting as the one above, but the actual sensor is leaking and the bolt heads are so rusted that they are barely recogniseable! I dont want to swap it only to find I have the wrong replacement one.

There are 2 oxygen sensors on the NA one in each of the 2 cast exhaust manifolds. The one in the cat is a temperature sensor, it illuminates the cat overheating warning light on the dash, it has no effect on performance and can be removed if need be.

• 4 weeks later...

I changed for the same one on my TT and it made very little difference.

But I do think that I had other issues. Have just changed the ECU temp sensor and all of the vacuum hoses so will take her for a run to see as soon as I get the time to actually drive her...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just changed mine for a new one:

all done in 20 mins, downside is despite soaking the bolts/nuts in plusgas for the past 2 days one of the studs snapped off half way up..... so this will have to wait until the weekend until I can drill it out and fit another. Hopefully its ok to drive until then. ffs.

Bugger.

I'm confused, in one thread about cleaning na O2 sensors I've seen and read that they are both the same, I look at mine and I have one (nearest the front of the engine) with a single wire, and the rear sensor with 4 wires (which I assumed was because my greddy afr gauge shares this with the ecu do it's different from standard?)

But the pic shown here shows a multiple wire sensor ?

Just realised I was assuming the op had an na because of name

Edited by Pulley (see edit history)

NA has 1 wire leading to plug, the TT has 4 wires i believe?

89465-19635 Oxygen Sensor - J-spec TT

89465-19725 Oxygen Sensor - J-spec TT VVTi

89465-19605 Oxygen Sensor - Front - UK Spec

89465-19595 Oxygen Sensor - Rear - UK Spec

89465-19615 Oxygen Sensor - NA x 2