The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Low afr reading and misfire on second turbo

Notts_TT

Jo guys

Took the supra to my local rolling road tuners the other day because my bpu tt is idling and cruising at 11 afr reading and misfire on second turbo.

He checked lambda sensor reading though diagnostics port and he said the electronic gauge was very lazy, when he revved it the gauge hardly moved.

He has said a new sensor will cure rich running..

Does this sound about right .....

Oh he did a power run to but backed off when second turbo came online.. 262 bhp and 365 f lb torque.

Yeah I would try new lambda's mate.

Mine was misfiring and hesitating on idle when I first went single and it was my lambda's then as soon as I fitted new ones it was sweet untill it started to missfire On boost witch turned out to be my coil lol

Hope you get it sorted mate as I know it can do your head in when your trying to work out the problem

;)

I just replaced it with a 2nd hand one off Keron mate.

I'm gussing your TT though? If so you will have coil packs, I would check that they are all clipped in tight and that all connections are nice and clean (no dammaged wiring ect) and that there is no moisture or warter around them ;)

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

Blipping the throttle in neutral should see the AFRs hit 10-12ish then off the scale lean within a couple of seconds. If it's doing nowt (the "lazy" comment") then it will be your sensor and if that's the case the ECU can't fuel the Supe correctly under the hugely varying conditions between being off-throttle, cruising, and WOT that it should be managing.

Treat it as in 'limp home mode' until you've fixed it so you don't risk causing any damage. Easy enough fix though - there is a discussion going on at present about sensor costs/suppliers if you dig about. :)