The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japanese Performance Shoot Professional shots

Josh

Here are some of the shots from the Photoshoot that the photographer sent me :)

The GTR won overall by 1 point (handling) but the Supra came 2nd overall in the JP100. It worked out well though, as I wouldn't have been able to make the final tomorrow anyway.

your car is nicer josh :). When are you going to single that beast anyway, considering you got a 6 speed :(.

Well it was singled before, so a lot of the parts are all ready there ;)

There's no way I could justify it anyway at the mo'.

Thank though. Wish it was lowered and I had the caliper decals on for the shoot but it's ok as there are only a few pics in the mag and you can't really notice anything I'd want to change anyway :)

Nice shots :)

What parts are still there from when it was singled?

Uprated clutch (can't remember what exactly), uprated injectors (can't remember what or if I even know), Walbro fuel pump. There may be other things, but I can't think at the mo'.

Nice one Josh - bought the magazine and enjoyed the write up. Finishing second by one point is no disgrace and second again in the overall list just shows how good your supra is when you look at the cars you beat.

I know which one I prefer :)

Nope, stock AFAIK. I've had the cover off when I was looking at where to fit the FCD and it all looks stock :)

Ahh, the injectors will be stock then. For aftermarket injectors you will need something controlling them as the stock ECU will make them overfuel.

Those are some great pics of the car BTW :thumbs:

Ahh, the injectors will be stock then. For aftermarket injectors you will need something controlling them as the stock ECU will make them overfuel.

Those are some great pics of the car BTW :thumbs:

Thanks man :)

Would a resistor pack do anything? Sorry for the stupidness but I don't know much about the fuel system. I know you need a resistor pack or something to change the injectors in either a UK spec or J-spec. Not sure.

Thanks all :)

Thanks man :)

Would a resistor pack do anything? Sorry for the stupidness but I don't know much about the fuel system. I know you need a resistor pack or something to change the injectors in either a UK spec or J-spec. Not sure.

Thanks all :)

The UK cars come with 550cc low impedance injectors, a resistor pack is required in order for the ECU to control them. I'm not sure exactly what difference the low impedance vs high impediance characteristics are, I just know that UKs come with them as stock and they also have the resistor pack as stock. Jspecs have high impedance injectors as stock and therefor don't require any resistor pack, if fitting UK spec 550cc injectors (or any low impedance injectors for that matter) then a resistor pack must be fitted.

This has no bearing on the size of the injectors though. The bigger the injectors the more fuel you need to trim for the same boost levels. If you fitted 1100cc injectors with no change to the fuel management then the ECU would basially be firing in twice as much fuel as it thinks it is. When you change the injectors you need to re-map the ECU to let it know that the injectors are bigger and therefor don't need to be open for as long a pulse.

Or something like that lol.

Basically bigger injectors = aftermarket fuel control (Either standalone or piggyback).

The UK cars come with 550cc low impedance injectors, a resistor pack is required in order for the ECU to control them. I'm not sure exactly what difference the low impedance vs high impediance characteristics are, I just know that UKs come with them as stock and they also have the resistor pack as stock. Jspecs have high impedance injectors as stock and therefor don't require any resistor pack, if fitting UK spec 550cc injectors (or any low impedance injectors for that matter) then a resistor pack must be fitted.

This has no bearing on the size of the injectors though. The bigger the injectors the more fuel you need to trim for the same boost levels. If you fitted 1100cc injectors with no change to the fuel management then the ECU would basially be firing in twice as much fuel as it thinks it is. When you change the injectors you need to re-map the ECU to let it know that the injectors are bigger and therefor don't need to be open for as long a pulse.

Or something like that lol.

Basically bigger injectors = aftermarket fuel control (Either standalone or piggyback).

Ah cool, thanks for the explanation :)

I'll speak to Si about it and find out, I may have made it up!

So as far as you know, if bigger injectors were fitted with the stock ECU, it'd still work but it would just use a lot more fuel? It does seem quite thirsty, but it may just be my driving style ;)

Is there an easy way to check the injectors?

So as far as you know, if bigger injectors were fitted with the stock ECU, it'd still work but it would just use a lot more fuel? It does seem quite thirsty, but it may just be my driving style ;)

Is there an easy way to check the injectors?

In theory yes, in reality the car generally wouldn't run though. If it had say 600cc injectors then it might well run, much above that and it'll run PIG rich and smoke like a machine. In my example I used 1100cc injectors, that was just a simple comparison to the 550cc injectors... in that instance the car wouldn't even start.

I doubt very much that Si would have given the car to you with aftermarket injectors with no control in place so I wouldn't worry about it. As for using a lot of fuel that will be down to your right foot and your O2 sensors, unmapped injectors would have shown their hand far more spectacularly :D

Cool photos, Bet youre glad they didnt want any with your dopey looking mush on them :D

I even made myself look pretty (well, as pretty as I can be) just in case there was a shot of me! :D

In theory yes, in reality the car generally wouldn't run though. If it had say 600cc injectors then it might well run, much above that and it'll run PIG rich and smoke like a machine. In my example I used 1100cc injectors, that was just a simple comparison to the 550cc injectors... in that instance the car wouldn't even start.

I doubt very much that Si would have given the car to you with aftermarket injectors with no control in place so I wouldn't worry about it. As for using a lot of fuel that will be down to your right foot and your O2 sensors, unmapped injectors would have shown their hand far more spectacularly :D

Ah cool, nice one! I must have made it up then :D