The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recaro Speed Copies

Noz

Anyone had an experience with these? I'd like some Speed's, but not prepared to have over 1k for them, and no decent 2nd hand sets knocking about.

Worried due to being cheap the cover will be thin and damage easily. Jimmy James is borrowing my set so better buy some new ones :D

I bought a set of the copies off of ebay and they were absolutely garbage. I went for them based on a review on here saying they were good but they are anything but. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

You can get original Recaros for £700 :)

Anyone had an experience with these? I'd like some Speed's, but not prepared to have over 1k for them, and no decent 2nd hand sets knocking about.

Worried due to being cheap the cover will be thin and damage easily. Jimmy James is borrowing my set so better buy some new ones :D

Lol you wish mate don't think I'll ever part with mine. Good luck finding some though :)

Did you just get custom frames made for them mate? There's an EVO 8 in garage at the minute for breaking with some tasty seats :)

yea saw that thread monsween, they looked sweet. Were the rails easy to made / modify?

EDIT: How strange... Maybe split personalitys...

Bride rails he's using guys im sure?

Advice taken, ebay item deleted off watch list! :)

I was after leathers, I wouldn't really want to re-trim bran new ones.

700 for new sounds pretty good, I assume they are cloth?

£700 for the Recaro Ambla Leather. It's a synthetic Leather that Recaro use. Recaro don't make any leather Speeds (they might not make any leather seats at all). They are stunning though and the feel is excellent. Very hard wearing stuff too.

http://www.mkivsuprastar.com/Pics/Interior/IMG_1955-800.jpg

http://www.mkivsuprastar.com/Pics/Interior/IMG_1959-800.jpg

I don't seem to have any decent pictures of mine but here's one.

they are on bride rails that i got from KrisM (Search through his for sale threads for a P/N)

http://thacko.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/img_7154.png

Did the evo seats just bolt straight on or did you have to modify the bride seat frames? Also which bride frame is it? I heard there are two types.

The part number is in one of KrisM threads.

They bolted pretty much straight on. The seats need a bit of persuasion as to get all 4 bolts in you really need to wedge the arse of the seat over the support. This leaves the seat with next to no movement :)

Thanks for the info bud, they look awesome :)

I loved mine, i bought some tatty Recaro Speeds on Ebay and then sent them to Jurgen for a re-trim, he did an amazing job, they probably owed me £700 all in, i customized some BRIDE rails to make them sit on the deck, i am running BRIDEs now and they arent as comfy....

BRIDE gias.JPG

BRIDE gias 2.JPG

Recaro speed 2.jpg

Recaro Supra seat.jpg