The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ecu for mapping a single conversion

richarde7927

Hello all,

I have almost finished my single conversion all i really need now is the managment and injectors maybe fuel pump as well. Ill start with the injectors what size do you think ill need for 600 ish bhp on a standard engine running a gt4288 turbo.Same question as well for the fuel pump i have a 255 in at the min.

As for managment i have been looking and reading on here for weeks and why i keep seeing ecus for sale , Non of them have the cables or software so i could map it . I have been looking at the hks fcon

Rich.

There's lots of info here but a couple of things spring to mind.

1. You're probably under fuelled for 600bhp with the Walbro - or right on the edge of what it'll give.

2. The GT4288 will be very laggy for that power.

I'd always recommend the Syvecs ECU (PM Ryan G) - and that you swap the Walbro for Bosch 044 pump.

Injector wise. Some 800's will do you, but Whifbitz do a nice rail and ID1000 kit for a good price.

rich has enquired about the means of mapping the f-con i have for sale as hes interested in buying it and also has a rolling road of his own........? is software available for him to map... or is it still a hks authorised mapper only jobby

HKS only, dude is authorised.

rich has enquired about the means of mapping the f-con i have for sale as hes interested in buying it and also has a rolling road of his own........? is software available for him to map... or is it still a hks authorised mapper only jobby

HKS Pro dealer only.

There's lots of info here but a couple of things spring to mind.

1. You're probably under fuelled for 600bhp with the Walbro - or right on the edge of what it'll give.

2. The GT4288 will be very laggy for that power.

I'd always recommend the Syvecs ECU (PM Ryan G) - and that you swap the Walbro for Bosch 044 pump.

Injector wise. Some 800's will do you, but Whifbitz do a nice rail and ID1000 kit for a good price.

Someone has told me welbro and doing a new 400 pump . Rich

Ok so the question is as im looking to map this myself what ecu can i buy that is good but comes with the software and cables i need to map it as im not really looking to pay someone to do it when i can do it myself for just the cost of my time .

Rich.

I meant I would get Ryan to map it and give you a lesson in how the syvecs works, as a very close second I would go for the F-Con Pro, you can get othert software that will get you in it or you could come and map it on my dyno and ill let you use the HKS dongle or you could approach HKS and become a Power writer and have your own dongle.

You can download the user software for AEM or syvecs easily.

Ok so i bit more reading and looking into ecus needed me thinks. Thank you for your input its much appreciated i may end up going for the aem ecu as i had be looking into and reading about them any . syvecs seems to be the must have at the min but because of that its price is high and at my power level not really needed.

Rich.

I meant I would get Ryan to map it and give you a lesson in how the syvecs works, as a very close second I would go for the F-Con Pro, you can get othert software that will get you in it or you could come and map it on my dyno and ill let you use the HKS dongle or you could approach HKS and become a Power writer and have your own dongle.

thank you for the offer once i have made my mind up on the ecu im going to use ill let you know.

Ok so i bit more reading and looking into ecus needed me thinks. Thank you for your input its much appreciated i may end up going for the aem ecu as i had be looking into and reading about them any . syvecs seems to be the must have at the min but because of that its price is high and at my power level not really needed.

Rich.

I would not go AEM dude, compared to Syvecs and F-con its a no brainer, speak to Nodalmighty as well, he runs an Emerald and has adapted it for knock control, its a cheaper option but not one I would go for, but it must be good as Lyndon is very clever.

I would not go AEM dude, compared to Syvecs and F-con its a no brainer, speak to Nodalmighty as well, he runs an Emerald and has adapted it for knock control, its a cheaper option but not one I would go for, but it must be good as Lyndon is very clever.

ok lots to think about then . im in no rush, as i would like the car back on the road for the first of may so it gives me some time to get the right set up.

Rich.