The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HEL brake lines

wilkorangerover

I bought Hel ones for my facelift with uk fronts last year some time but when i fitted them the lines werent long enough, i couldnt get full lock on the steering (otherwise it would have pulled the bugger off!!!) It was too late for me to send them back as they had been sat in my workshop for about 6 months before i got around to fitting. They were specially for the supra (says so on the box) Could have been a blip/ dodgy batch but thought id give you a heads up.

I bought Hel ones for my facelift with uk fronts last year some time but when i fitted them the lines werent long enough, i couldnt get full lock on the steering (otherwise it would have pulled the bugger off!!!) It was too late for me to send them back as they had been sat in my workshop for about 6 months before i got around to fitting. They were specially for the supra (says so on the box) Could have been a blip/ dodgy batch but thought id give you a heads up.

I too bought a set and although they wasnt preventing me getting full lock, they were a real tight fit and the dressing of the pipe was crucial to get them to fit. I also misjudged how much of my rear wheels and tyres was inward and didnt check that I had clearance resulting in one of the pipes rubbing ever so slightly on the outer tyre edge resulting in damage. The way you dress the HEL pipes seems really critical due to being slightly short, the Goodridge ones I replaced them with were a joy to fit by comparison.