The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JapFest 2012 - 12/05/12 Convoy

listy

Right then people.

Its now only 2 weeks away, so lets get a list of who is attending, and planning to go in the convoy.

Starting point will be J30 Toby Carvery.

A pit stop at Severn View Services, and any others required in between or after.

Where do people want to join the convoy?

Names ( and join locations) on list below:

1. Listy35 - Severn View Services

2. Downimpact - Toby Carvery

3. LewysDanny - Toby Carvery

4. LUD - Severn View Services(unconfirmed)

5. k9l3 - Toby Carvery

6. k9l3's dad - Toby Carvery

7. amyljames - Severn View Services

AAA.jpg

Edited by listy
Addition of Route Map and Meeting Points (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any more for any more on this convoy? Any ideas of what time you guys will be meeting at Toby Carvery? Then I can work out what time LUD needs to meet me in chepstow so we can get to Magor to meet you guys.

Or..........

If you guys would be willing to go an extra 1.8 miles, and take the M48 towards chepstow, the myself and LUD could meet you at Severn Bridge services instead, saving us a 18 odd mile drive to magor and back to the bridge (its around 9/10 miles each way)

What would be the thoughts on this?

Edited by listy (see edit history)

To update the list with confirmed

1. Listy35 - Magor Services

2. Downimpact - Toby Carvery

3. Lewysdanny - Toby Carvery

4. LUD - Magor Services

5. k9l3 - Toby Carvery

6. k9l3's dad - Toby Carvery

I'll see if we can link up with japcarscymru as well.

Yeah we can go the old bridge way give us a chance to blast down the M48.

Times need to work out nearer the date as thinking about joining up with south west convoy or other club maybe.

Edited by downimpact (see edit history)

Its just random bits and bobs that have come off a couple of r33 gtst's that i helped mod a while back. Stock intercoolers, stock steering wheel, few other bits and bobs. Not 100% sure what ive got tbh. No bumper or gear knob though :(

Jon, can you pm me your number in case theres any problems on the day, then I can contact you. I've got the two others my end meeting me at Chepstow Tesco at 0700, so should be easily at the services for 0715. So far, its just us 3 this end. Hopefully we can get away a little before 0730, and possibly catch the South West convoy on the m4. I've PM'd Noz because I lost his number, and can hopefully merge on route. Think they are meeting with the Mega Convoy though, so we would have to split off again, as like you, i dont fancy getting caught in the queues

Jon, we're going to have to change the plan for the convoy. The M48 bridge is closed on Saturday, so we will have to go back to the original plan of meeting at Magor Services instead.

Im thinking meet at 0700 at Magor Services and leave no later than 0710. Saying that, will you guys get from Cardiff Gate to Magor in less than 20 minutes (do you have any NA's with you ;) ) It takes 50 minutes from Magor to Castle Combe according to google maps. So leaving there at 0710 will obviously get us there for 0800 as we planned before.

Cardiff Gate - 0635 -- leave 0650

Arrive Magor Services - 0700-0710 -- leave 0715

Arrive JapFest - 0800

How does that sound?

For those meeting me at Chepstow Tesco, we will have to meet there at 0640 -- leave 0645