The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to Fit Black Head Lining and Black Visors Guide

Geo

Picked up Black head lining and visors off Magictorch and it arrived today, so thought i'd set about fitting it and doing a guide for ''How to Fit it'' :D Here goes

1. First Up take out the 2x Sun Visors, 2 screws(philips)

2. Next up take of the jesus handle and sit to the side with the 2 gold screws.

3. Next up, is take out the locking unit for the visors, 1x philps screw in each pod.

4. Next step remove the trim on either piller

*note i had to remove passenger seat belt mount, 14mm socket, to have enough room to get lining out, so do that when removing passenger side piller*

5. remove/loose the rear quarter panel trim, i didn't take mine out as i had enough room to play with.

6. Next i removed the alarm sensors

7. Next was to remove the interior light, small flat head to remove the plastic guard where the light shines through. Then its 2x philips screws to remove the unit.

8. Now from here is just a case of pulling off the old Head lining, be careful but some force is required to remove certain parts.

BOOM! OLD ONE OUT!!!

9. Re-install new head lining, i started with the rear, and worked my way forward to the Front.

10. I then re-routed wires in through the Interior light hole for some tidy-ness(getting like Hodge here) and used the Locking unit for the visors to keep it all in place.

11. Next step was to re-install the piller trims on both sides

12. Last was to re-route the mic for the phone Kit.

13. Job done Looks so much better now. Any questions feel free to ask, maybe a mod will sticky it. :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

Irecently did this also, however I managed to do the front without removing the a-pillars. If you pop the uppar part out (the bit along the window) that gives you enough room to play with.

Really easy to do. Had my old one out and new one fitted, including visors and interior light, in less than 20 minutes.

Good to have a guide though, as I only knew how to do it from stripping my old supra.

I found clipping the rear of the headlining in back near the back seats a real sod of a job to do. Was the metal clip that holds it in on your grey one damaged?

well the one that was on the black head lining was loose, so i fixed it all up before putting it on, clipped in perfect. :D

Nice, I need to put mine in a little better when it's not belting down with rain. Did you fiz it back on with epoxy or something else?

No mate, the headlining from Magictorch came with everything i needed to put it all back together snug. Few small tweaks with velcro was needd though and all was sweet. :D

I would give Keron a ring as he usually has a few black ones spare. Would look better than painted ones IMO.

Can the grey liners be dyed like the carpet once removed?

Yeah might give Keron a buzz mate, :D TBH i see no reason why the grey headlining can't be dyed, looks like it would take the dye really well TBH. I'd give it a wash and clean first, let it dry then go mad with the black dye. :D