The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New gadget on my car (video included)

Parry_10

Be careful with that when parked! You won't ever be able to let anyone else open the doors, or they'll end up smacking them!

sorry im lost? what do you mean? The only person that can open either door is me via 2 buttons (one for each door) off a key fob. Obviously you can open them as normal from the inside though

I.e. 'Parry I have left something in your car, mind if I borrow the keys and go get it?' Two seconds later...Ping! Smack! ' Oh dear, The door has whacked someone else's car'. Thats all I meant, looks like you have to be standing there waiting to catch the doors as they open, especially if it's on even a minor slope, the door will come sailing wide open. I'd still prefer handle's personally, but it's a pretty cool effect for a show car!

I.e. 'Parry I have left something in your car, mind if I borrow the keys and go get it?' Two seconds later...Ping! Smack! ' Oh dear, The door has whacked someone else's car'. Thats all I meant, looks like you have to be standing there waiting to catch the doors as they open, especially if it's on even a minor slope, the door will come sailing wide open. I'd still prefer handle's personally, but it's a pretty cool effect for a show car!

ah right I see what your saying but the door hardly pings open at all if someone was parked that close to me for the door to hit their car there would be no point in opening it as you wouldnt be able to get in anyway. And it wont be going anywhere near any car parks especially supermarkets lol

Humm,... Orinoco Flow - Nice!

Never soon one of those before? Declutters the door which can only be good :thumbs:

How much and where from?

Perfect for you Ed, the less handles on your car the better :)

Doesn't look like you've thought it through if it's an MOT fail, Parry.

Think its mot fail as the car needs to be openable from the outside. For example if you have an accident people need to open it from the ouside. Most people put a button under the mirror. Then its legal :)

key entry through boot, if not buttons can be installed easily under the wing mirrors etc no problem

lol I dont understand how people think that the door will hit a car parked next to it if you watch the video properly it barely opens, it doesnt open enough for you to get in so if something was really that close that it would hit it then you wouldnt be opening the door in the first place would you....