The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Titan Stage 2 built autobox info?

Jamesy

Been reading a lot on supraforums about these transmissions,..... is anyone running a Titan stage 2 over here?

Titan state they are good for 800-850rwhp - but does that mean thats really about 800-850 FWHP in UK terms? :search:

Also be good to know if you are able to shift manually as they state without any issues.... and how weak the classic 2nd gear sprag is that is a weak point on the Boostlogic built box?

Any info greatly appricated :hi:

I have one going in a car soon so can let you know then, also gonna put one in the stealth car.

Got anymore info on it mate? what power is the car its going in to?

I dont wanna get stung with the BL box again, buit then Michel lane said BL iws only rated to around 650hp.

I just wanna make sure when Titan say 850rwhp does that mean UK numbers or more like 850 fwhp?

Got anymore info on it mate? what power is the car its going in to?

I dont wanna get stung with the BL box again, buit then Michel lane said BL iws only rated to around 650hp.

I just wanna make sure when Titan say 850rwhp does that mean UK numbers or more like 850 fwhp?

I spoke to Eric and he was pretty confident of the box, i believe they have had an 8 sec pass out of one now, the car its going in should make 700, my black one im hoping for at least 650 and im gonna run a 100 shot NOS kit.

fit a towbar and take a trailored car home too :D

Wonder why no one considers the ATF Stage 3 TH400 which is Rated for 1200HP

$2,495.00 isnt a bad price IMHO

edit: the sfi fitting kit is $950.00

Yeah I might just take a trailer for Jamesy !!!!!

I spoke to Eric and he was pretty confident of the box, i believe they have had an 8 sec pass out of one now, the car its going in should make 700, my black one im hoping for at least 650 and im gonna run a 100 shot NOS kit.

apparently they havent uprated the 2nd gear sprag though which is a shame :(

i heard you can manually shift them though if desired...

f

Wonder why no one considers the ATF Stage 3 TH400 which is Rated for 1200HP

$2,495.00 isnt a bad price IMHO

edit: the sfi fitting kit is $950.00

TH400 isnt a straight fit though mate, quite a lots needs changing...plus its very harsh as a street car :D

TH400 isnt a straight fit though mate, quite a lots needs changing...plus its very harsh as a street car :D

very true, though the ATF Stage 3 comes with everything specific to the mkiv for fitting which is a bonus so theres no modifying bulkhead etc etc though It would be quite harsh indeed and it can only be used as a manual

very true, though the ATF Stage 3 comes with everything specific to the mkiv for fitting which is a bonus so theres no modifying bulkhead etc etc though It would be quite harsh indeed and it can only be used as a manual

You would lose 1 gear and about 40mph going TH400.

Other than the stock is there any auto box out there that is reliable,shifts like lightening and doesn't cost the earth as I want one for my hardcore BPU. Cause there's speculation and doubts about all these mentioned..any advice on what stall should I go for?

Other than the stock is there any auto box out there that is reliable,shifts like lightening and doesn't cost the earth as I want one for my hardcore BPU. Cause there's speculation and doubts about all these mentioned..any advice on what stall should I go for?

The Titan box will be fine for BPU, im putting it in my single car, do you think I would use it if I thought it was no good, I would go for 3500 or 3200 stall.

The Titan box is the best and most hardcore like for like built box available mate - it will be fine for bpu - but then again a boostlogic would cope with bpu fine too....they make THE WORLD of different to the car though espcially the speed of gear changes.

As John said a 3200 hi stall would be ideal.

Just spoken to Titan - apparently they now come with a billet 2nd gear sprag so manually shifting is not an issue.

He said one of his clients is running 1100whp out there with this box and competes in drag race series with no issues .... :)

Spent most of this week asking Nero @ Titan questions....

....so it tuerns out they dont actuially have the billet 2nd gear sprag....but also said the only thing that rolls the 2nd gear sprag is doing a rolling burnout in 2nd and then letting the wheels suddenly grip. Berst to do just a stationery burnout.

Think im pretty much certain to get one now, along with the 3500 Titan hi stall TC. No-one has broken one yet even in the states and they have cars running 9.3's etc with this box. The clutch pack is a lot stronger than the BL and they also uprate the sunshell and valve body.

The 3500 hi stall will also let me build enough rpm with my turbo to go straight into the power brand on the strip :D

Thanks to Dude for offering to help out too.... only issue i have is i gotta somehow post them back the stock autobox once this goes in!!!