The mkiv Supra Owners Club

manchester based supra drivers.. insurance nightmare

ballsdeep

anyone in the manchester area who can advise me on insurance companies to try?

had my renewal letter but no quote, so i gave them a call and they basically told me enterprise no longer cover the manchester post codes and the best quote they could give was £2k now from £400 full comp was a big :shock: the best im getting on comparison sites are between £1500 and £3000.. im quite sure it was under a classic insurance and guessing thats why it was so cheap.

im 27 and been driving for 9yrs with 7 yrs ncb but a sp30

any help would be great thank you

why do competition not insure non turbos? i found the insurance sections and went throught some of the recommended companies, managed to get it down to £810 but im still not happy so going to spend the day getting quotes and cci was one i was going to try.. cheers mooret

Ballsdeep, give Lynbrook a try.

I am near the Reebok on the Wigan side. I paid £303 last year for a TT on a classic policy. I am 37 with two other cars in the household. 01277 206286

Your other options would be Livingston Warman or Competition.

H.

I was in the same boat last year trying to get cover for my mk2 aristo they had stopped covering mcr postcodes.

had to do a lot of ringing around again with a lot not covering mcr.after going through most of the posts on here for insurance names the last couple i tried was lynbrook & flux..

Unfortunately lynbrook couldnt do anything on the aristo but did me a great price on my dailly diesel half the price on my lowest quote..

A flux did me a good price in the end for the aristo..im dreading renewal time..

Ballsdeep, give Lynbrook a try.

I am near the Reebok on the Wigan side. I paid £303 last year for a TT on a classic policy. I am 37 with two other cars in the household. 01277 206286

Your other options would be Livingston Warman or Competition.

H.

H with lynbrook do you have to prove your mileage in anyway as there is no way in hell I can do under 8k miles in a year.

H with lynbrook do you have to prove your mileage in anyway as there is no way in hell I can do under 8k miles in a year.

They have never asked me for my mileage except on the form when I went for agreed value. in the event of an accident, I imagine they will look through your MOTs.

H.

They have never asked me for my mileage except on the form when I went for agreed value. in the event of an accident, I imagine they will look through your MOTs.

H.

Damn that is what I always was concerned about. Anyone know why 8k miles is the limit anyway and if they would go higher?? I just am trying to find the cheapest company to insure a NA with.

Damn that is what I always was concerned about. Anyone know why 8k miles is the limit anyway and if they would go higher?? I just am trying to find the cheapest company to insure a NA with.

8K miles is a lot for a supposed classic. I only do 20K in my company car and I am out in that every day.

H.