The mkiv Supra Owners Club

blitz i-color metal vac line tapping problem

ashbuster

hey guys

when i come to install the blitz i color there is a metal t-piece that needs to be tapped into the boost gauge line.

this is joined to a nylon pipe that runs to the controller and joins onto the back by a connector onto the short pipe on the back of the controller.

hard to explain but if you have seen a blitz boost controller you will understand.

the nylon pipe and connector and t-piece is missing, i think not many people use them and they link it another way and thats why these bits get lost.

its not a problem because most of these controllers i have seen are sold without these so the must be a better way to join it without these

would i be ok to run a 3mm silicone hose (vac hose) to this pipe on t he back of the controller and slide that nylon pipe inside it

the nylon pipe is tiny but fits snug inside

i was wondering if i would have a leak and if there was much vacuum here

im sure alot of people have fitted these and had these bits missing i think they get installed without them

any ideas? could i do what i said

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

hi mate ,the part in worried about is the nylon hose in the back of the controller

the inside diameter must be about 1mm-2mm at the most would be hard getting a t-piece for it because the original tpiece doesnt go inside the hose it goes around it

its hard to explain but the nylon hose goes inside the one end of the t-piece

my problem is getting this nylon hose to join to my silicone hose which i will have a t-piece on the end

i can slide the nylon hose inside the 3mm silicone hose and it fits nice and snug but would it leak?

im new to this so not sure how strong the vacuum would be and if it would be enough to make it leak or if it would be fine

hi mate

the pieces i dont have are circled in red in this pic

which is a nylon hose, a connector to connect the hose to the hose coming from the back of the controller, and the blitz t-piece

ive circled in blue the hose from the back which i need to connect to some 3mm hose somehow, it does fit nice inside the hose but i dont know if it would be ok like that.

most of these kits ive seen for sale 2nd hand have these bits missing too so i wondered how others fit it?

BlitzSBCBoostCont500.jpg

i think these bits are usually kept on the car

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)