The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any thoughts on this car?

Guest smash

Guest smash

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?251656-celica-supra-widebody&highlight=wide+celica

I know it had a a front end with a "hare" which has been repaired although some cracks are being declared in the current ad on the nose/spoiler as a result of speed bumps etc.

Weird that it's still restricted @ 122 despite BPU. Just noticed seller is banned which don't look good - don't want to open a can of worms here!

Not what I wanted to spend though.

Guest smash

Just read the build thread - little bit of a marmite car, certainly transatlantic!

What's needed to remove the 112 restriction?

yes but its not just the headlights....the whole outer body was custom made, rear qtrs blown out and blended, front do luck wings modified etc etc...interior is all brand new, new boot install...everything on the car is prob almost new (inside and exterior)

Guest smash

What worries me though is after he hit the hare and split the bumper in half and bent the intercooler is that he's lost heart a bit, fudged it back together (hence the declared cracks in the nose in the advert) and is outing it.

I know he's done his brains money wise but we all do that on our toys.

He's a little bit of a slap from me - not too far - but I went to Sunderland last week (for the grand total of 3/4 hour!) to see a car and it was a massive let down not to mention waste of time and money so I'm a bit wary before merrily treking off round the country.

Appreciate all comments and thoughts so far - keep them coming - especially any pitfalls, one of which I guess is moving it on again further down the line.

BTW is CCI a favoured insurer for Supras?

Guest smash

Well first insurance quote was a bit of a shocker bearing in mind I'm now ripening nicely at the age of 46 - all my toys before have been on classic policies cos they've been kits etc. and been pretty cheap but as they're classic policies they've not built any ncd.

The quote for this bad boy from CCI came in at £580 comp 3K miles and 250XS and that was supposedly mirroring my full NCD from the daily hack! Considering I had a quote from Footman James last week on a kitted MR2 Turbo @360bhp for £375 with 150xs and full breakdown recovery I'm a bit surprised.

Still, plenty more insurers in the sea - waiting for Lynbrook to come back...

Edited by smash (see edit history)

id give my right arm for a quote that low. thats 1/3rd of what i pay :p

and to add ric is a top chap. i met him all the time and always had a chat at japmids meets in his old car and he would come occasionaly on his bike while he was building this.

if its just a small bit of damage on the front end it wouldnt bother me. easily repaired by any bodyshow who know what they are doing.

Guest smash

Yeah but I'm half your age again - a proper old crock!! (you should be worried about the potential damage to Supra ownership credibility I could do :D) - there's got to be some perk to being old enough to remember Mud/Pilot/Alvin Stardust/Bay City Rollers!!!*

*delete as applicable