The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na to turbo engine swap.

SupraMan Mk4

Hi guys I'm looking at getting back into a supra in the near future and was wondering of I purchased a 5 speed na, would an engine swap be possible and would the 5 speed cope with he change if I wasn't looking for it to push out big numbers? And would anything need to be changed also? I have tried he search button but after scrolling through the eighth page I gave up and thought I'd ask the gurus. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

In some respects the way I look at it now is you will be never satisfied either way.. You get NA you want NA-T or TT... You get a TT you want BPU hence my concern about bothering to do this myself. After looking through some threads a day ago it seams that you can find yourself a TT bargain so if I was you and while you have time on your hands I would be tempted to go straight into TT... Consider that by the time you buy an NA and then by the TT engine then pay to swap them over it just seams more and more pointless.

I was considering the NA-T route myself but even that has costs and hassle to it... Looks like a TT will be on the cards for me and then BPU it and call time on it at that point, Cheaper,reliable and a great amount of power.

Agree. Unless you find yourself a cheap 6speed n/a with LSD diff and UK brake set up then maybe you could just drop the engine in and it works out cheaper but you got to remember changing the engine you got to all other bits. I'm sure there's a list on the forum what you need.

To save hassle better off with a TT.

Agree. Unless you find yourself a cheap 6speed n/a with LSD diff and UK brake set up then maybe you could just drop the engine in and it works out cheaper but you got to remember changing the engine you got to all other bits. I'm sure there's a list on the forum what you need.

To save hassle better off with a TT.

Exactly, If I had thought about it when I was getting a supra I should of got a sz-r but being brain dead I got a 5speed. Without a 6speed NA you are going to spend a lot of money and rob yourself of any future potential it could of had.

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's pretty much what I thought. One of the cars I've been looking at already has the big brake upgrade and is a 5 speed NA. It's up for good money and have spoken with Kieron about an engine swap and it's looking like 2.5k supplied and fitted. As much as I'd love to just get a 6 speed T/TT. But the truth is that they are just out of my price range of I'm honest. Maybe it's heart ruling head at this time as I miss driving a Supra.....even an NA. Thanks for the opinions guys.

Paul