The mkiv Supra Owners Club

these bulbs any good J-spec

Whitesupraboy2

Originally posted by Fiftyplus1

:D

I have 94 J spec is it 9006 for low 9005 high WITHOUT mods being required?

50:innocent:

if you have the 9005 and 9006 right way round yes, that ebay page has a link on it telling you which bulbs you need. ;)

Im hopeing as they come from Japan, (packet has japense writing on it) i wont have to mod and can simply change over and for a bargain price too :thumbs:

Group Buy :D

EDIT ***

Your Right, just checked

Guys, I went through all this with my J-Spec headlights and I think you'll find that the only bulbs that are a direct replacement (with no trimming etc) are 9006J and 9005J. You can use 9005 and 9006 bulbs but they need some minor modifyication.

Save yourselves a long wait, just get some HB3/4 (9005/6) from

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk Worked great for me.

Its that all important J suffix that you have to watch for. That said the normal bulbs are no shakes to sort out. A pair of snips and a pair of eyes and you can do it in a couple of minutes. If you want to whack 65 watters in the dip beam thats just a case of trimming out the plug locating lugs. That gives you a fair bit more light and so far I haven't ben flashed by any irate oncoming drivers.