The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help! AEM users!

Guigsy

Hi all

My car is currently at garage786 In Leicester with ash.

I had it there for a few issues mostly that it wouldn't start. Or more accurately it won't fire up more than half a second before it cuts out.

Ash has done a great job so far and tried everything he can think of. But it won't start. Ryan couldn't sugest anything ether. All that's left is for him to try the ecu. Ash runs an aem on his car but his is a newer version than mine so my map won't transfer over.

So. Does anyone have the older aem I could borrow to test. Or does anyone have one laying arround they are not using.

My only other option is to go syvecs which is fine. But the £'s are tight enough as it is :p

Sounds like its packed up, AEM V1's are known to fail.

Only option would be to see if Ryan has a base map for your size injectors on a AEM V2 and try ash's ECU, trouble is you will be paying for ash's and Ryans time and will still end up buying a new ecu on top.

Another option might be to send the AEM V1 to be checked, I think DanT is still the AEM UK agent.

If Ash has not already tried check the ecu is synced showing "ON" lots of people seem to have had starting problems because of the cam sensor, the aem needs a very good signal, I read people talking about grinding down the cam sensor to lessen the gap between the cam and the cam sensor magnet.

Jamie does have a very good point about paying for Ryan & Ash's time & it still being an ECU issue.

I think I remember reading threads where the board needed re-soldering? I know AlexM had a nightmare with them.

Worth putting a wanted Ad incase this one isn't seen?

When I was speeking to ash if I remember correctly he didn't think that would work. Not sure why.

Hi Adam,

i need to know what injector you have and are they low or high impedance?

You have yellow inj in standard fuel rail, which i think are Sard 650cc injectors high imp, can you confirm from

previous owner.

Mean while i see if i can borrow a J spec ECU from Keron.

If Ash has not already tried check the ecu is synced showing "ON" lots of people seem to have had starting problems because of the cam sensor, the aem needs a very good signal, I read people talking about grinding down the cam sensor to lessen the gap between the cam and the cam sensor magnet.

She does sync mate, i've tested alarm, cam, crank sens and ignitor pack all OK.

So does point to AEM ecu, just need to be sure. lol.

I don't have the old owners details any more unfortunately. But the sard site says they are high imp yep.

I'll call Ryan about a syvecs tonight.... Weather is getting nice again. Want the car back and I know ash is fed up of pushing it Stroud the place :p

I don't have the old owners details any more unfortunately. But the sard site says they are high imp yep.

I'll call Ryan about a syvecs tonight.... Weather is getting nice again. Want the car back and I know ash is fed up of pushing it Stroud the place :p

Do it. You'll end up with a car that drives better and more than likely produces more power!