The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for a Supra ....

Guest BornagainDen

Guest BornagainDen

Hi Y"all....just joined this site as I am looking for a nice classic motor to pose around town in this Summer.So far wife plus me have viewed one supra and one MitsuGTO, both not what they said !.There are plenty to choose from, but I was wondering what the spares situation is like......Suprawise.....also , is it worth getting a Turbo as the standard 200BHP seems plenty for me.,BornagainDen.

Hi and welcome there are plenty of cars for sale here in the classifieds section and being members cars they will have been well looked after.

If I had the funds I'd definitely go for a tt as you'll be craving more power very quickly. So it all depends on your budget.

As for spares there are plenty of traders on for parts and you'll find everything you need in the for sale section espiecally since there have been a lot of people breaking their cars lately.

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

To help you decide it might be best to attend a local Supra meet & speak to owners themselves, and also get some advice face to face.

Loads of information on this forum to help you decide, here is a guide which you may find useful.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?59334-Supra-Guide-and-Model-Differences-Chart

As mention, loads of parts avalible - including new parts from Toyota. :)

Welcome Den,

There are some well looked after cars on here. Be careful where you buy from as there are some dodgy traders about. Always better to ask about the car and seller on here, you will get some honest advice and members may even know the cars history.

The NA is lacking in power but if you only want the car for "looks" then it may be sufficient. I drove an NA for three and a half years and then eventually opted for a TT. Sometimes I wish I hadn't as I am trying to keep my licence clean. TT's are very quick and a lot of fun but it will all boil down to budget, driving style and the actual feel of the car. Even if you view a dog, I would still have a test drive to see if you like the ride.

One more thing. Keep away from the Mitsi, horrible and unreliable.

H.

Hi and welcome there are plenty of cars for sale here in the classifieds section and being members cars they will have been well looked after.

If I had the funds I'd definitely go for a tt as you'll be craving more power very quickly. So it all depends on your budget.

As for spares there are plenty of traders on for parts and you'll find everything you need in the for sale section espiecally since there have been a lot of people breaking their cars lately.

Plenty will be and plenty wont be !

Plenty will be and plenty wont be !

:yeahthat:

Just because it is a members car is no guarantee that it is going to be well looked after. When I was buying and selling I saw a lot of crap that was being sold by members as "mint!.

:yeahthat:

Just because it is a members car is no guarantee that it is going to be well looked after. When I was buying and selling I saw a lot of crap that was being sold by members as "mint!.

This^^^^. In my time I have seen many members cars that were poor in presentation and mechanical condition.

Never assume that someone who can join an internet forum has any sense of what is right for a car. Many are not serviced or not cherished..!!

H.

This^^^^. In my time I have seen many members cars that were poor in presentation and mechanical condition.

Never assume that someone who can join an internet forum has any sense of what is right for a car. Many are not serviced or not cherished..!!

H.

Sorry I had based my assumption on the members cars I had seen in person as they were all in very good condition. Though I guess your all right there has been a few cars sold by members that have had some major faults. My bad.

Sorry I had based my assumption on the members cars I had seen in person as they were all in very good condition. Though I guess your all right there has been a few cars sold by members that have had some major faults. My bad.

It's not a criticism, it's just making you aware that there is no safety net buying a car through the club. Most members look after their cars well and if you were to play the percentage you are more likely to find a good car than a bad one.

The best thing about the club is that most cars are known and their history can be looked into by checking members threads. You will also get an honest opinion from other members rather than just the word of the seller.

H.

You are close by to me, I'm in Shropshire. I've owned my TT 6 speed for 14 years so you can come over for a look and I'll tell you everything there is to know about owning and running one of these cars. Fortunately it's been all good, otherwise I wouldn't still have the car after 14 years. It's not for sale though unless I got an offer I couldn't refuse as I know I'd miss it.

Guest BornagainDen
Private messaging regarding selling a car will be frowned upon too ;)

thanks for the words of wisdom,all,there are one or two supras on the net at the mo........I would prefer a manual gearbox , there is a nice looker in a dealership in brum that might be worth a look.Keep you advice coming.......cheers, Den.