The mkiv Supra Owners Club

welsh meet monday gone

peter richards

guys had a bit of a complaint on another forum about the lack of welcome and general friendliness at the meet monday , on the forum other members questioned the member as to see if they made an effort to chat and said basically they were blanked .

now for the past few months and maybe years these meets are always short of numbers , so seems odd that anyone would be blanked to the stage they commented that they wouldnt come again.

don't want this to spiral into the usual slanging match , if you were there just reply politely please , and ill pass on the info back on the other forum.

peter

I was there and a couple of other Supra owners, though not aware of people being blanked should have come over and said hello. Over the years I've seen lots of people come and go from this meet, we've had new owners, people just looking to buy a car attend, they are all welcome. I can see however that when there is a large group gathered around it can be hard to approach and strike up conversation, especially if they are mid flow.

Also to note there is another jap car club that attends and while I saw their cars I guess they were in the pub the whole time as didn't see them in the car park once.

There's also elements of the old honda revolution attend though they are friendly as well.

I would tell anyone to come again as the people and numbers change each month.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JapWales

Same here should come over and say hello its hard to establish who is there for the meet and who isn't when we are inside the pub. I stood with 4 or 5 other people and was in contact with the other chaps that normally come in the DC5, R35 etc. In fact when we had finished in the pub I was stood outside for a good hour or so with 5/6 others. When I went into the pub around 7 o clock there was only myself and two other cars in the car park (that I would consider JDM)