The mkiv Supra Owners Club

few colour ideas, need help !

supra joe

Nice colour that one Dan!:thumbs:

Yep that's what mines going to go when i get round to respraying it :) iirc it was USDM only and only available in 95...to me it's the perfect compromise, too many of the pearl whites look cream in low light, i want something that's still recognisable as white in low light but in the sun it really stands out.

Comparison of 051 (left) and 040 (right)

looks nice mate and out of the two i would go with the custom one, but why dont you just do it 040 OEM white, imo its one of the best colour for the supra.

Because its not that nice, its quite dull tbh, had my last supra done in ibis white. Looked great. Just want something a little bit different.

I'll check that out dan thanks, going to try lamborghini balloon white on an ice white base too.

Because its not that nice, its quite dull tbh, had my last supra done in ibis white. Looked great. Just want something a little bit different.

To say its not nice and dull I think is a little OTT, if you look a hodges car for example the colour looks fantastic. But if you want something different I completely understand what your doing, and at the end of the day its your car and if it is what you want then go for it :thumbs:

Good luck on your decision hope it turn out how you would like it too.

To say its not nice and dull I think is a little OTT, if you look a hodges car for example the colour looks fantastic. But if you want something different I completely understand what your doing, and at the end of the day its your car and if it is what you want then go for it :thumbs:

Good luck on your decision hope it turn out how you would like it too.

. Don't get me wrong, everyone has different taste and the stock white or gunmetal are the best colours available, black supras just don't do it for me and I've had silver which in my opinion is far too common, the white is too dull for my taste and looks better if its ice white like some up to date cars. The worst colour in my opinion is the dark red. Everyone has their own taste and I'm just trying to do something a little different because everything you see these days has been done before lol.

Yep that's what mines going to go when i get round to respraying it :) iirc it was USDM only and only available in 95...to me it's the perfect compromise, too many of the pearl whites look cream in low light, i want something that's still recognisable as white in low light but in the sun it really stands out.

Comparison of 051 (left) and 040 (right)

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/BorHor/Random%20meets/Whities/DSC_0391.jpg

That picture is stunning Dan ! I didn't realise the americans had they're own paint made up for the supra ?! Is there any more colours that your aware of ?

That picture is stunning Dan ! I didn't realise the americans had they're own paint made up for the supra ?! Is there any more colours that your aware of ?

urm not that i'm aware of mate, the yanks got a Anniversary Special Edition Supra which was 95 and for that I think this colour was available for them, from what i've seen the car is exactly the same just had a few badges stuck on lol.

This is another white i think's stunning, it's a combination of Balloon white and Glacier Frost Mica by Lexus