The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advise Please.

Guest hoff900

Guest hoff900

After buying my first flat and suffering lack of funds, I am now back on the conquest of changing the mr2 turbo for another car. I've Had a couple of cars run through my thoughts i.e BWM 330ci's, E36 M3's Ect...however my mind has always wanders back to the supra, and after hours looking through the adverts for TT for sale and getting excited until i look at the price and have my dreams crushed, I have considered maybe going of a N/A and if I feel the need later doing a tt upgrade. Can anyone advise if this is a good or bad idea? Will I straight away miss the power of the mr2, or are they equal in power? Thanks in advanced

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hoff900

Im not so worried about the cost of running, its just the inital outlay of cash for a TT is 6k - 10k. Were as the N/A is 2k - 4k its just a big difference.

Im not so worried about the cost of running, its just the inital outlay of cash for a TT is 6k - 10k. Were as the N/A is 2k - 4k its just a big difference.

Trust me on this. I have experience of all sorts of Supra's and currently MR2's and you will definitely be disappointed if you buy an NA

Dont buy a Supra if you cant afford it, it will be miserable. They are getting more expensive to run as they get older

After the MR2 turbo an NA will feel like driving a hearse. Save for a TT if I was you.

TT Auto is not 6-10K mate, you need to shop around

I think the main points are covered above really, but save for a TT :D

Guest hoff900
TT Auto is not 6-10K mate, you need to shop around

Thats what I have been finding, what would you advise the guide price for these.

Thanks for the advise CJ, btw awsome looking mr2

Thats what I have been finding, what would you advise the guide price for these.

Have a look in the for sale section and remember that it is a buyers market. Forget the prices of cars that have been there a while - they are the overpriced ones and ignore the comments saying "thats a bargain - it will fly out etc" as usually the self same cars are there for ages.

Thanks for the advise CJ, btw awsome looking mr2

That isn't mine but mine will be looking like that soon. It is a photoshopped make up to show my bodyshop what I need them to achieve.

I've seen some reasonable auto's for around the £4500-£5000 mark, it's a buyers market so you will be able to find/make a good deal :)

Exactly. If it were me, for 6k I would want a really nice auto - for 7k a very special one.

Guest hoff900

Ok cool thanks for the advise, as stupid as it sounds I never really considered bartering, at least not chopping a grand of. But like the saying you dont know untill u've tried. Im getting all excited about buying a tt now.

BTW, this isn't a dig at NA's or the owners. It is just a fact that coming from certain cars they will feel incredibly slow and boring.

Amen..... I do love my NA but it is pants when you are just wishing for a bit more power and that if you held out a bit longer you could of had a TT.

Ok cool thanks for the advise, as stupid as it sounds I never really considered bartering, at least not chopping a grand of. But like the saying you dont know untill u've tried. Im getting all excited about buying a tt now.

Exactly, the worse they can say is 'no'... or 'lets meet somewhere in the middle' lol