The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sweet/sour Smell from air vents

mobius

Any ideas had the car over 2 years now and have had various smells come through sometimes a chemically smell but mainly a sweet/ sour smell. I thought it was antifreeze and feared the worst ( may still turn out to be that), but not losing any coolant carpets are bone dry and don't smell.

I have sniffed outside the car at the black plastic cover where the air enters (where the wipers come through) and can smell faintly the same smell.

Was wondering if maybe something got in here and has died, so thinking of removing and having a look inside to see if anything. if not any other ideas?

I have used an air con reconditioner spray and helped for a few days but back again. Air con was recharged and inspected last year, no probs there

Didn't you become a police officer?

Yep, three years later I was in Greater Manchester Police. Wearing the uniform with pride and pushing people down the stairs..!!

If you are shocked by the dog kack, you'll be more shocked by the super glue on the windscreen wipers, more dog kack under the door handles, and my favourite of pushing two potatoes up the exhaust of said Cavalier.

H.

Yep, three years later I was in Greater Manchester Police. Wearing the uniform with pride and pushing people down the stairs..!!

If you are shocked by the dog kack, you'll be more shocked by the super glue on the windscreen wipers, more dog kack under the door handles, and my favourite of pushing two potatoes up the exhaust of said Cavalier.

H.

Nope not shocked ;) expect nothing less :D

H.

You really dont like Cavaliers do you :D I wish you had video of the neighbour trying to get in his car.

Nope not shocked ;) expect nothing less :D

Excellent.

You really dont like Cavaliers do you :D I wish you had video of the neighbour trying to get in his car.

This was 1990 and video was not readily available. To be fair, the guy was a serious AH. I now look back on my previous misdermeanors with a certain amount of regret and disappointment................I don't know where he moved to..:D

H.

This reminds me of when I pushed dog sh!t down the vents of my next door neighbours Cavalier after he upset my mum. I bet that was fun in the summer..!

16 year old boys eh?

H.

Talking of dog sh1t when i was about 14 i had a fight with a kid around my grandparents house and decided to repay him buy getting up the next morning and smeering dogsh1t all over his front door , door matt and door bell.