The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some info from you guys

Chris6t9

I need to do some working out with money ect before i buy a TT so i need a bit of info from you guys and it would be great if you could help me please :)

How much does it cost you to fill your tank from empty to full and on what fuel price. in your area.

and

Whats your average mpg on just daily driving.

I need this to work out how much more ill be spending per year to run the car and if i really do need another run about or not.

Cheers guys

Any idea how many miles you are planinng to do per year if the Supra is your only car?

I ran an NA (putting in approx 24MPG) for nine years as my daily drive, doing on average 15000 miles a year. I put aside about £400 per month to run it - about £250 per month of which went towards fuel. The rest went to cover all the other running costs (including insurance).

I have used mine daily for the last few months. It costs me about £100 to fill up with V-Power (UK tank is 10L larger than J-spec IIRC) and I fill up every 2-3 weeks and I only work 9 miles from home using back roads to get there. I'm looking to get another runaround as I don't like adding so much useless mileage to the Supra and I'll be saving about £100-150 a month in fuel.

What is your daily driving distance to work? Although they are good on fuel considering the power & engine size they still average around the 24 mpg mark, less if it is constant stop start & slightly more if it is just motorway crusing.

IMHO a supra is not for you. If fuel economy is a worry now the general running costs could come as a big shock afterwards.

These cars (and their components) are now getting old and quite worn and a hefty maintenance bill could be just around the corner.

IMHO a supra is not for you. If fuel economy is a worry now the general running costs could come as a big shock afterwards.

These cars (and their components) are now getting old and quite worn and a hefty maintenance bill could be just around the corner.

:yeahthat:

I don't use my Supra as a daily, but in the middle of summer when I do use it for work and back (about a 24 mile round trip plus weekend fun) I spend about £120 a week in fuel. Although my normal daily(Impreza) isn't really any better on fuel I don't like just putting miles on the Supra, plus I don't want it to ever see grit and salt.

Mine's a daily. Topping a tank costs about £85. From that, depending on how I drive it (and I do a comibination of stupidly short runs and hellishly long ones), I get between 250 and (the best so far) 370 from a tank but as has been said already, if that's a real concern, buy a Yaris!

Yep the fuel is the least of your worries as you can work out exactly what that will be given

how many miles you intend to do.

Don't forget we supposedly have another 3p per litre going on in the near future ! :(

Something going wrong on the car however is totally unknown but i could write you a list

with approx costs if you want, obviously this will vary from car to car depending on how

they have been looked after and what parts have been replaced already.

Also how old or cheap a car you intend to buy, whats your budget for just buying the car ?

26-29 mpg as a stocker tt 6spd

22-23 mpg with gt4708 & 280°/11.48mm cams taking it easy (big cams really kill economy)

and about 5 mpg not taking it easy

daily driven to work :)

Yep the fuel is the least of your worries as you can work out exactly what that will be given

how many miles you intend to do.

Don't forget we supposedly have another 3p per litre going on in the near future ! :(

Something going wrong on the car however is totally unknown but i could write you a list

with approx costs if you want, obviously this will vary from car to car depending on how

they have been looked after and what parts have been replaced already.

Also how old or cheap a car you intend to buy, whats your budget for just buying the car ?

Well i have set a budget of about 12k but could pay more for one. Id like a 1997 or newer. Ill do around 80 miles a week tops. If you could do me a list mate that would be fantastic! :). I currently drive a type r so just need to fight out how much more ill be paying fuel wise.

Well i have set a budget of about 12k but could pay more for one. Id like a 1997 or newer. Ill do around 80 miles a week tops. If you could do me a list mate that would be fantastic! :). I currently drive a type r so just need to fight out how much more ill be paying fuel wise.

So you are willing to pay k12+ for the car and are worried about fuel costs with mileage of just 80 a week? :blink:

Well your fuel bill at the moment will only be approx £25 per week so i wouldn't worry about

that and concentrate on buying the nicest mkiv you can.

97 or newer means it'll be an import

Have a look on Piston Heads, strange though how some places advertise their cars repeating the same ad over and over and over :blink: im supprised P/H let them do it :rolleyes:

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

So you are willing to pay k12+ for the car and are worried about fuel costs with mileage of just 80 a week? :blink:

Well i use just over half a tank of fuel every week on the civic so im probably working something out wrong here lol. Yea i know what your saying but i just like to keep everything organised so i know what iv got going out every month and if it would be better to get a run around or not.

Well your fuel bill at the moment will only be approx £25 per week so i wouldn't worry about

that and concentrate on buying the nicest mkiv you can.

97 or newer means it'll be an import

Have a look on Piston Heads, strange though how some places advertise their cars repeating the same ad over and over and over :blink: im supprised P/H let them do it :rolleyes:

Yep im keeping an eye out for a nice blue or white one.

Strange thread. If you are only doing 80 miles a week then having a daily runabout would be false economy once you have taxed, MOT'd and insured it.

H.

I think id do a tank of fuel a week so thats not too bad. Id do a bit more than 80 on the odd week when i go to meets and stuff but on average id say i did about 80 a week i think.

I think id do a tank of fuel a week so thats not too bad. Id do a bit more than 80 on the odd week when i go to meets and stuff but on average id say i did about 80 a week i think.

Depending how you drive and you are doing around maybe 80miles - 110miles a week that porbably cost you around £40.00- £50.00 on VPower i would of thought.

My N/A racks up at least 300 miles a week and has been used every day for the last 6 years. I don't take much notice of running costs anymore; I can afford to run it, so I run it.

I use at least a tank of fuel (60 litres) a week (280-360 miles depending on mood),

A set of tyres a year at £5-600. Then there's brake pads, oil filters, plugs, general servicing; probably looking at £1000-£1500 a year (at a guess) plus tax, MOT & insurance.

Due to age, it's recently had a full set of new brake calipers, rear wishbones, linkages, etc and is due to have the front links done this year, probably totalling around 3 grand for all that lot. Definately worth doing, it drives & handles a lot smoother now (and passes MOT's)

These are old cars now, so you need to factor in things like that or find one that's already been done. Once they're done, they'll probably be good for another 15 years or so.