The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is BPU+ and how much is it to do?

Chris Bailey

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's bye-bye to both Cats (a double decat) so you'll need both decat pipes and probably a new exhaust.

Boost controller (to wind the boost up to 1.2bar), fuel cut defender (FCD), restrictor ring, colder plugs, possibly a fuel pump upgrade and something else I think (it's a while since Mr Wilson did mine for me!)

The difference between stock and BPU is quite considerable on 2nd turbo.

It's bye-bye to both Cats (a double decat) so you'll need both decat pipes and probably a new exhaust.

Boost controller (to wind the boost up to 1.2bar), fuel cut defender (FCD), restrictor ring, colder plugs, possibly a fuel pump upgrade and something else I think (it's a while since Mr Wilson did mine for me!)

The difference between stock and BPU is quite considerable on 2nd turbo.

Silly boy he is asking what BPU + is ???? Note the +!!!!!!

My dads BPU Supra is making around 390-400bhp on 0.8 boost, Its had a 1st decat and we plan to 2nd decat it in the near future. Hopefully it will then be running 1.0+

which should hopefully make 410+bhp.

We are still on stock j-spec twins so we cant go above 1.2bar because then the turbos will just go wrong. I was just wondering what all the fuss was about with this BPU+ because some people said there BPU+ Supra's are making 450bhp.

My dads BPU Supra is making around 390-400bhp on 0.8 boost, Its had a 1st decat and we plan to 2nd decat it in the near future. Hopefully it will then be running 1.0+

We are still on stock j-spec twins so we cant go above 1.2bar because then the turbos will just go wrong. I was just wondering what all the fuss was about with this BPU+ because some people said there BPU+ Supra's are making 450bhp.

0.8bar is stock boost so that'll be in the 320bhp region. 1.2bar takes you to the 380-420bhp figure depending on engine condition

0.8bar is stock boost pressure and around 320bhp. Mine's 356bhp at 0.9bar.

0.8bar is stock boost so that'll be in the 320bhp region. 1.2bar takes you to the 380-420bhp figure depending on engine condition

Spot on no way in this world will a .8 bar stock twin car make 400hp unless its in Texas !!!! Right im off

Well thats what the turbo timer is reading at. 0.8 Its fully BPU'D, The previous owners done the wrong decat first. I dont know if that makes any difference.

The car spec is:

Stainless Steel Exhaust System

Restrictor Ring Fitted

Dump Valve

Uprated Walbro Fuel Pump

Performance Iridium Plugs

Chrome Engine Pipes & Silicone Hosing UK Spec

UK Brakes

UK Spec Glass Headlights