The mkiv Supra Owners Club

After Market Inlet Manifolds

a98pmalcolm

Hi gang. I looking at bigger injectors this month and possibly an after market inlet manifold as I'mm be working in that area. I cant justify the ones prices at over £1k (even though they maybe be great). So I'm looking at spending about £500ish but it would need a throttle body aswell. But nit a fuel rail as the injectors come with it.

I'v seen there on ebay ones like these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170794841211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_4756wt_1240

But how the devil does that attach to the head as the 6 pipes that bolt to the head aren't there so I assume you have to buy them separate ? Also does anyone know if there much cop?

Thanks

Paul

You would use your old runner i would imagine bud.

TBH i wouldn't waste my cash on that, better off buying one thats got the quality behind it. No way i'd stick that on my car. Be too worried about it cracking falling apart

You would use your old runner i would imagine bud.

TBH i wouldn't waste my cash on that, better off buying one thats got the quality behind it. No way i'd stick that on my car. Be too worried about it cracking falling apart

They are prob all made in the same place !!!!! Except the hypertune thats just gorgeous !!! The black car made its 1024 at the hubs on a $250 manifold and $200 TB from Thailand.

maybe its just me then, :D

My thoughts were that as I was going to run loads of NOS it would prob burp and bolw the manifold apart so best it bolws a cheap one, it turned out to be rather good but we did play with it a bit.

I have a Greedy copy made by Godspeed which I bought from eBay. If you look on my build thread you can see some pictures of it.

I ported the intake to the runners to make sure the flow and fit was improved. I then had Paul Whiffin send it off to be welded together. The standard attachments looked good no warping etc. The reason I had it welded was for peace of mind as I knows even the genuine ones are prone to leaks.

Any questions let me know.