The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which gaugeholder to buy?

seba

Hey guys a mate of me asked me to order a gaugeholder for the pillar, but he doesn't know wich one neither do i. He wants one for the pillarpod, must be for 3 gauges of 52mm.

Are there any that are made specially for the supra? I can find so many on ebay but they are universal and i don't know how well they fit a supra. Maybe you guys bought one wich really looks nice on a supra?

The funny thing is he allready bought one about a month ago but just realized it's for a LHD supra and he has a jspec import :D

He allready has the gauges.

I hope you guys can give me some advice.

Thx

Seba

Edited by seba (see edit history)

universal ones are no good, if he wants 3 pods you will have to go custom made, speak to noz he made mine for me

Whell there must be some universal ones that fit ok, i talked to noz about it a while back but i think he doesn't have the time and my mate will need them pretty soon.

Whell there must be some universal ones that fit ok, i talked to noz about it a while back but i think he doesn't have the time and my mate will need them pretty soon.

depends on how fussy he is on fitment/looks etc, if he needs 3 pods I would say to buy a 2 pod one that fits perfect then take the stock clock out and put the other in there

depends on how fussy he is on fitment/looks etc, if he needs 3 pods I would say to buy a 2 pod one that fits perfect then take the stock clock out and put the other in there

Are you saying that 2 pod ones have better fitment than 3pods?

Hi Seba. Haven't heard from you for ages mate send me a PM be good to catch up.

Regarding your pod build, if I made one it would probably be around the same price as the whifbitz if not a bit more as it will need smoothing and spraying so I think thats an awesome price.

I want to do a comparison to help you solve your issue.

The whifbitz pods are located as far down the pillar as you would want to take them. This gives you maximum headroom. The dual pillar pods that are sold on ebay have the two pods on the pillar higher, and are evenly spaced. This brings the pods closer to your face, and further away from the pillar. The only example I can give you of this, is the grey pod holder. I can't find any other pictures on the forum or google search (only had a quick look).

My advice, is if you really want a triple pod, get some dimensions from the dual whifbitz pod holder, and work out if you can add another pod to it, then cut a hole for wires and fibreglass it to the pillar, smooth it, and you have a seriously stronger triple pillar pod, the third highest pod being the only custom peice required.

Easy! :)

http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/images/fibrepillarpod2.jpg

http://www.fqperformance.com/shop/images/evo4-660mmtwinpod.jpg

This image shows how the pods are located higher up the pillar. On the supra, it is not as long, therefore you would not have the room for a third pod. The whifbitz pods are lower down the pillar.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Guys i just bought this one on ebay but haven't paid yet, just wanted to ask first if anyone sees any problems with it since i never fitted one of these. Can hold 52mm or 60mm gauges but the holes do have to be cut out first.

attachment.php?attachmentid=148173&d=1331643548

!B9nv1fQCWk~$(KGrHqZ,!i4EzM9MHYg0BM6WQYiPIg~~_12.jpg

What i'm doing for mine is the same as what Noz did. Buying a universal 3 pod pillar, and cutting it up, and fibreglassing it onto a stock a-pillar. Smooth and paint. That way its custom to the car and every thing will be exactly where I want it. Thats the only other choice I reckon if its a 3 gauge pod you are after

I think that's the same as the one I bought. Put a link up to the ebay addy and I'll let you no.

The fit is pretty good if its the same

I don't think so as he only had 1 for sale, he doesn't make them. I bought it for 38£ + shipment. Can't put up a link as i commited to buy it allready and it has been taken of ebay...

• 4 years later...