The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA FFIM inlet manifold oem throttle body help!

FOSTA

Hi guys I've had a FFIM made for my NA I'm going to be using the stock throttle body for now but I'm alittle unsure if the flange that has been fitted will work ok with the oem throttle body?

the adaptor plate they have fitted! (notice it dose not have the gruve cut out for the oem idle control valve! )But would it be ok if I left the stock icv in place not connected and then fitted another one underneath the FFIM on the new icv plate ?

This is my manifold:

And this is what it should look like if using the stock icv in place on the throttle body:

But I was thinking of fitting my stock icv here to try and hide more wires:

Can someone confirm if this will work ok?

Cheers ;-)

Yes that looks like it will work to me with the stock NA TB.

You don't need your ICV it will just hunt or you can relocate it. The slot is for the TPS I assume, I would get your st205 cable and wire it up, I can't even see where your problem is? lol, looks ready to go mate!

It wont work with the standard icv as the airway will be blocked by the new flange.Leaving the na icv in place will be ok and fit another one to the other flange under the plenum.Also just getting a tt power steering resevoir wont work as the na pump is different.I had to strip my pump down and get it tapped out so i could put a fitting in to run of a remote resevoir.

It wont work with the standard icv as the airway will be blocked by the new flange.Leaving the na icv in place will be ok and fit another one to the other flange under the plenum.Also just getting a tt power steering resevoir wont work as the na pump is different.I had to strip my pump down and get it tapped out so i could put a fitting in to run of a remote resevoir.

Sweet so the icv will be ok if I just put anouther one underneath the plenum and plug the connector plug into that one. Then would I just connect the vacume pipe off the idle control valve into one of the new ports on the top of the plenum?

Cheers :D

You don't need your ICV it will just hunt or you can relocate it. The slot is for the TPS I assume, I would get your st205 cable and wire it up, I can't even see where your problem is? lol, looks ready to go mate!

What is the st205 mate :)

No I havnt looked into moving the power steering pump yet but I'll get round to that soon :D

Will this cable do? If not is there a part number so I can order one from Toyota?

Celica Gt4 St205 Accelator Cable

http://bit.ly/yPvXQs

just getting a tt power steering resevoir wont work as the na pump is different.I had to strip my pump down and get it tapped out so i could put a fitting in to run of a remote resevoir.

Do you have a guide or know of any threads on how to relocate the power steering reservoir? Thanks

Hi guys I've had a FFIM made for my NA

This is my manifold:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/jamielfoster86/8f7f12dc.jpg

And this is what it should look like if using the stock icv in place on the throttle body:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/jamielfoster86/f70bf250.jpg

But I was thinking of fitting my stock icv here to try and hide more wires:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/jamielfoster86/335b937d.jpg

Cheers ;-)

Looking good, looks like yours arrived a lot quicker than mine, as mine took a while. If you figure out how to relocate the power steering please let me know as I still haven't done mine.

Maybe I should try this, clearly it would be a challenge as I got most of the conversion wrong in my head lol

Any luck with this yet jamie?

Not yet mate I'm still waiting for it to come in the post. The guy who made it just sent me pictures of it yesterday before he sent it out. But I will let you know how i get on as soon as it arrives ;)