The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A better way to introduce myself?!

Guest Lauren

Guest Lauren

Hi there, thought I would introduce myself properly - rather than jumping in & breaking the rules..some of you will know what I'm talking about! :haha:

My name is Lauren and I'm a huge fan of Supra's which is why I joined up (although I don't own one, due to my age the cost of running one would be hard).

Right now guys...don't laugh! I currently drive a Suzuki Swift Sport, bought it completely standard in September/October 2011 so haven't owned it long, but the mods have most certainly already started!

So far:

Tints in rear three windows

Lowered on BC coilovers

De-badged rear

HKS oil cap

HKS rad cap

GReddy induction kit

Custom plug cover (Rising sun - I painted it myself!)

Tegiwa engine dress up bolts (Red)

Tegiwa sock

Clear breather pipe & red end clip bit!

Gloss black standard wheels (again I did these myself as they will eventually only be used as winter wheels)

Suzuki Sport front grill

Suzuki Sport gear knob (..still can't believe I paid so much for a damn gear knob!)

Clear rear fog light

Sprayed headlights black (..did these myself too - was a pain in the .... to split them!)

Side indicators sprayed black

Painted brake calipers red

Jap import front number plate

Carbon Fibre bonnet

Titanium/burnt effect wheel nuts

De-wipered rear

..I think that's about it. Not bad for 4ish months? I have it booked in on Saturday for a custom exhaust system, getting burnt effect tips so can't wait for that!

Here's some pics of how it stands at the moment.. (pics or above list aren't in the correct order..)

Edited by Lauren (see edit history)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Swift. I'm running a normal one for the next few months, then swapping for a Sport for a few months after that. The new Sport is a brilliant car.

There's something nice about a "stanced" car.

You're a dingbat aren't you? Most stanced cars are horrifying.

Guest Lauren

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, glad you all like it! I'll have to put a picture up later of when I first got it home - such a big difference to how it looks now!

Nippy, hey it's probably snail pace compared to the cars on here - it does me though, especially for my first car! (It took a little while to save for, but I got there in the end!) :)

Glad you like the pictures too, yeah I am certainly attending Japfest this year! My car will be on the SSOC (Suzuki Sport Owners Club) stand and I'll be bringing the camera so will definitely pay a visit to the Supra stands!

Many thanks, Lauren

Some of us have non turbo supras and struggle to keep with milk floats so i'm sure you wouldn't have a problem keeping up.

I managed to beat a disabled person the other day although it was a close call at the start.

I like hot hatches, what power are you running at the moment?

About 10bhp at a guess.

Guest Lauren

Thanks for all the comments guys!

I like hot hatches, what power are you running at the moment?

And welcome :)

As standard they have around 125bhp (don't laugh!) and the only engine mods I've done is the GReddy induction kit which would barely make a difference I imagine.

Getting the custom exhaust made/fitted on Saturday but again I can't imagine that making a difference!

I was looking into supercharging or turboing it in the future, but for the money it costs and the power you get from it I don't think it's worth it. It would be nice in such a little car to have over 200bhp though, but it's a good £5,000+ to do either and for that much, plus the cost of the car itself, I could get something that is just quick to begin with instead.

A friend took me out in his supercharged Swift Sport which was running 230bhp and that was lovely, but again for £5,000+ is it really worth it? Another friend with a Swift Sport has a GReddy supercharger and I think he was running only about 160bhp and he has seriously spent thousands on it!

So for this one, I think I'll just focus on looks, I'd like to get it featured in a mag at some point but we'll see.. the plans I have are pretty big :D

...although I have been getting quotes for an engine conversion.... :innocent: