The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front hubcentric wheel spacers

Lee_e

Just bought some new wheels and they dont clear my UK breaks at the front :(

I know using wheel spacers is a big no no but i only need about 15-20mm of clearance, plus it will improve the overall look at the front due to the wheels being slightly tucked in from the arches.

Could anyone be so kind as to point me in the right direction of where to obtain such an item :)

Ibrar at speedwells from the forum here I would reccomend :thumbs:

The 15mm hubcentric spacers are usually a hubcentric 15mm spacer (with no studs in) but with a pack of longer studs.

- You replace your stock studs with the longer studs (they are just over 15 mm longer to make up the thread you 'loose' from having the spacer on) and then the spacer sits on as normal.

b;3333892']Ibrar at speedwells from the forum here I would reccomend :thumbs:

The 15mm hubcentric spacers are usually a hubcentric 15mm spacer (with no studs in) but with a pack of longer studs.

- You replace your stock studs with the longer studs (they are just over 15 mm longer to make up the thread you 'loose' from having the spacer on) and then the spacer sits on as normal.

Thats a better way to do it imo, a 15mm bolt on is a bit poxy, I would also only use ARP wheel studs with any spacer.

Thanks J.

Looking at the pics of those bolts, I cant help noticing they dont have a very big head and they dont look to have a bolt pattern on the head either ?

They are a replacement for the stock studs on the car, you knock the oem ones out and pull these longer ones in, i have them on my car.

are the ARP studs longer than the stock mate?

The clue is in the word "longer" ;) :p

I wouldn't go with bolt ons for any less than 20mm. If you don't have webbed faces on the hub of the wheel they foul on the stock studs. I had to grind a set down on a mates car to get 15mm ones on.

If the wheels you have are webbed on the hub face then you will be fine, if not and you really want the bolt on ones you will need shallow mount nuts (for the spacer) and you will need to grind down the studs so that they are flush to the spacer.

• 3 weeks later...