The mkiv Supra Owners Club

big brakes

Rob_Mitchell

Hey guys i have enquired about some ksports front and rear (8pot front and 4 pot rear with 356mm discs)

Has anyone run D2's?? i cant seem to find if they do the big brake kit in a rear option? plus i dont like purple colour so need to locate them in black.

Im sure a 356mm disc will go under the dolucks :search:

Any opinions and help is much appreciated (BUT IM NOT GOING UK SPEC SO KEEP THAT AWAY FROM THE THREAD :D)

They do offer D2 rears Rob mate. There was a seller on eBay a while back doing both the fronts and the rears, think they were a foreign outfit though?!

You won't go far wrong with the KAD's mate. Steve L still has these on the track monster, and having had my teeth planted in his dashboard on more than one occasion, I can vouch for there stopping power!! Lol. ;)

What also really appealed to me was having a UK based company. Just means rebuilds, parts and any warranty issues will be a lot easier to handle than with the foreign makes.

You can also get the KAD's in loads of different colours, unlike the D2's which are all purple I believe (there was a more pink colour on the early ones then they changed it to the deep purple currently on sale)?

Paul Whiffin is your man for KAD's having sold and used them on a few different types of jap motor over the years.

:)

They do offer D2 rears Rob mate. There was a seller on eBay a while back doing both the fronts and the rears, think they were a foreign outfit though?!

You won't go far wrong with the KAD's mate. Steve L still has these on the track monster, and having had my teeth planted in his dashboard on more than one occasion, I can vouch for there stopping power!! Lol. ;)

What also really appealed to me was having a UK based company. Just means rebuilds, parts and any warranty issues will be a lot easier to handle than with the foreign makes.

You can also get the KAD's in loads of different colours, unlike the D2's which are all purple I believe (there was a more pink colour on the early ones then they changed it to the deep purple currently on sale)?

Paul Whiffin is your man for KAD's having sold and used them on a few different types of jap motor over the years.

:)

I still love the look of orange ksports but the limited edition D2's in black look very nice but i cant find the rears in black?

It nots just a matter of them looking better having front and rear, it can't help if the fronts are massive and powerful and the rears sucky little j-specs for brake bias. I am putting together evo8 front and rears at the moment, so far they look pretty good. I will post up a thread when they are all done.

It nots just a matter of them looking better having front and rear, it can't help if the fronts are massive and powerful and the rears sucky little j-specs for brake bias. I am putting together evo8 front and rears at the moment, so far they look pretty good. I will post up a thread when they are all done.

very interesting. look forward to the results

D2 will do them in any colour you want if you drop them an e-mail. They charge you for it though, as you would expect. I looked into it 2 years back before I went UK. I just didnt want purple breaks. The price for all 4 calipers and discs was out of my range at the time but I dont regret using the toyota 4 pots. The difference between them and Jspec's is unreal. Why not strip a UK set and powdercoat them?

It would be less to send them to a good bodyshop to get them to do it. Godspeed brakes do full brake refurbs for £75 per caliper, I bet it would be less to just spray them up. Godspeedbrakes.co.uk for more info.

Good link thanks Gaz, shame they dont do supra's but always handy if i found a second hand big brake kit and they needed refurbing