The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi am new a this is my supra

simon197911

hi this is my new supra it is not runnin very well at the min [ATTACH=CONFIG]147097[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]147098[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]147099[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]147100[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]147100[/ATTACH]

Probably the paintwork :p

Only kidding! Welcome to the club and good to see pictures!

Throttle body looks like it's second-hand/not original? was this always a TT? or did it start off as an n/a? May be worth doing a video of it running, so we can hear how it's idling etc? I know my old car was quite irratic at idle , cutting out etc but I changed the throttle body for a polished one. Re-fitted the old one, and it ran fine again!

Hope you get it sorted fella :)

• 3 weeks later...

Si don't worry I'll get to the bottom of it next weekend.

Off the top of my head this is what I think is wrong:-

The car is decatted but had NO Restrictor ring or fuel cut defender, which is why it's hitting boost cut.

The turbo vac lines were all plummed in wrong which tells me the car had a boost controller fitted and when they fitted your engine they did not put it in and also DID NOT know how to plum the pipes in correctly.

The speedo is way out because your speed converter is faulty or missing.

The rev counter doesn't work because an N/A rev counter doesn't work in a TT.

The electric fans don't have a fan controller and are wired into the ignition

The engine IS NOT earthed to the chassis correctly

Battery tray is missing

Battery clamp is missing.

And also from what you told me about the missing plugs in the footwell the auto electricians found were gone (if they knew what they were talking about that is) the loom has been butchered.

Due to the engine having greddy pulleys and a Titan crank pulley, I'm guessing (but I could be wrong), it's had some sort of aftermarket engine management hard wired into the loom and pulled out again without the wiring being correctly soldered and heatshrunk.

I'm not going to know everything for certain until I get my head into it, but dont panic, it will be fine in then end dude.

• 4 weeks later...