The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Calling out all single turbo guys running stock fuel system

RB-GTE

I would like to hear from guys who are running a single turbo setup on the stock fuel system. Upgraded Injectors and fuel pump more so... just the stock system.

I already made a couple threads asking about the fuel system. I've decided to just get drop in Injectors with Walbro 255 pump. Will also have piggyback ECU and get it tuned.

Once I am done my conversion I am hoping to put down about 500whp at the top limit.

Just seeing if there is any guys running these setups. Also how much power are you putting down with what size turbo and psi? I'd like to see and hear from some owners with a fimilar seup and how it is :)

cheers.

Edited by RB-GTE (see edit history)

i have the 255 walbro and 650cc injectors and have a t67 which was on the limit of the pump at 1.3 bar the mapper said something happend when he went over 1.3 think he said the injector pulse increased massively or something like that,

i have a fpr as well might of needed adjusting not sure

You will see a huge variance in power figures between the US forums and the UK forums bud. If you are after 550whp in comparison to the cars in the US then it's probably best to ask those guys how to get there, over here we don't get anywhere near those figures for the same setups. Some people think it's down to fuel some think (me) it's down to optimistic dyno readings/selection.

For comparison, 500whp has been achieved on a stock fuel system with stock turbos in the US. The most we have achieved is 500fwhp with hybrids, not sure if that fuel system was stock though. We just can't get near their figures for the setups they run.

To make 500whp over here you would want a minimum of 650cc injectors, possibly a bored out stock fuel rail (not even sure if that would be enough), an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, an upgraded pump (Bosch 044 would do it) and at the very least a piggy back ECU to manage it all. I think you would be pushing the 62mm precision close to it's limit to hit 500rwhp over here so I would say the boot levels would need to be fairly high.

If going for it in comparison to US setups then you would probably get away with the stock rail, 550cc euro spec injectors, stock FPR, upgraded pump and a piggyback ECU. I think the 6262 has seen 600rwhp over there also so 500rwhp is easily within grasp at moderate boost levels.

:O !

By FPR you mean upgraded fuel rail? or was that stock fuel rail?

I thought the whole setup was limited to about 550bhp. Very impressive.

But I assume that isn't the most healthy thing for the car? my goal is reliability.

yes fuel pressure regulator.

I was running SARD 800cc injectors and the FPR was turned up.

But yes that was on the limit after that i went for bigger fuel lines, double Bosch 044 and massive 2050cc injectors! :D

I would like to hear from guys who are running a single turbo setup on the stock fuel system. Upgraded Injectors and fuel pump more so... just the stock system.

I already made a couple threads asking about the fuel system. I've decided to just get drop in Injectors with Walbro 255 pump. Will also have piggyback ECU and get it tuned.

Once I am done my conversion I am hoping to put down about 500whp at the top limit.

Just seeing if there is any guys running these setups. Also how much power are you putting down with what size turbo and psi? I'd like to see and hear from some owners with a fimilar seup and how it is :)

cheers.

I'm not to sure what they are but twin Racing Fuel Pumps, 650cc injectors, T78 Single and doing 654Bhp @ 1.8 bar. I usually run 1.3 bar and just around 500Bhp but do up it if I feel the need for speed.. :D

I'm not to sure what they are but twin Racing Fuel Pumps, 650cc injectors, T78 Single and doing 654Bhp @ 1.8 bar. I usually run 1.3 bar and just around 500Bhp but do up it if I feel the need for speed.. :D

I take it you mean FWHP? 654fwhp = 550RWHP, which is more than the op is after.

Are you running a stock fuel rail?

I take it you mean FWHP? 654fwhp = 550RWHP, which is more than the op is after.

Are you running a stock fuel rail?

Yes that's what I meant sorry.. Not WHP... stock rail and a piggyback AEM ECU which is my downfall. I'm saving now to go Syvecs this year hopefully..

RB-GTE, I would suggest you first get a decent ECU. Try to stay away from Piggybacks..

Yes that's what I meant sorry.. Not WHP... stock rail and a piggyback AEM ECU which is my downfall. I'm saving now to go Syvecs this year hopefully..

RB-GTE, I would suggest you first get a decent ECU. Try to stay away from Piggybacks..

holy cow and i thought i was bad, what unit is it fic6 or 8