The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EBC fitting Chesterfield area

Suprachargedtt

Thanks mate, I was hoping for someone a bit closer, they are an hour away and seems silly to travel that far for a simple job, I may call them tomorrow though as depends how much they charge, especially seeing they have a RR so could get my Apexi SAFC set up too, just to warrant the petrol money lol...

Anyone heard of Slide motorsport, they seem to be of a similar distance just in the other direction!

Thanks mate, I was hoping for someone a bit closer, they are an hour away and seems silly to travel that far for a simple job, I may call them tomorrow though as depends how much they charge, especially seeing they have a RR so could get my Apexi SAFC set up too, just to warrant the petrol money lol...

Anyone heard of Slide motorsport, they seem to be of a similar distance just in the other direction!

Weigh up the cost of petrol - then the cost of not getting it done properly and possibly lunching your turbos/engine/both - and a health check too on the RR.

Supraman - I keep meaning to come to one of the localmeets, they just always seem to fall onto one of my late shifts

Ash - that was my initial plan but as im unsure on where to splice into, run the lines etc id rather get it done properly as I dont want to do something wrong and end up having to fork out for some new turbos!

Supraman - I keep meaning to come to one of the localmeets, they just always seem to fall onto one of my late shifts

Ash - that was my initial plan but as im unsure on where to splice into, run the lines etc id rather get it done properly as I dont want to do something wrong and end up having to fork out for some new turbos!

See if a local member (or someone that travels near your house) would help you fit it. I'm sure there are plenty of capable people on here that may even do it for you for a few beer tokens :)

Shame, I will be posting up a meet probably for late March you should post in it when you can make or drop me a pm. We will try our best to accomodate everyone we can :)

Did you try Noble Motorsport?

I know you offered to help before Craig, a man of your knowledge will have it done in minutes! it may even be worth me driving to you at this rate!

Ivr spoken to garage 786, they were very honest and informative but they are not familiar with a 1jz. :(

Ive spoken to Noble and they want it for the morning just to be able to quote!

I know Slide motorsport work with the 1jz as they have one fitted to their 350z! Ill be calling them next...

• 2 months later...

Just an update

I went to Slide motorsport and i am VERY happy!

Matt @ Slide did a great job, he could have cut many corners but he didnt even though it made the job alot longer! He took real care in the work that he done and treated my car as if it was his own, it helps as hes a real enthusiast rather than 'just a mechanic'. Best of all even though by Matt taking the extra care it took him 4 times as long to do the job and he stuck to the original quote no quibbles!

Even though they are a bit of a drive from me (Chesterfield to Pontefract), i think ive found my new garage! Thumbs up Matt, Great job!!

The reason it took longer was of how he did it, instead of joining to an existing hose he replaced the whole lot properly, it meant instead of squeezing his had down the back of the rear turbo he actually took extra bits out to enable the hose replacement as I had nice thick reinforced fuel hose to use instead of some poor quality silicon... Im happy a good jobs been done