The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More expense- tyre

Scarface GTti

Insurance kicked in on Monday and picked her up from service on Monday so was looking forward to driving my TT6. Got about two miles and hit something in the road which shredded a rear tyre. I can`t really afford one of these cars so when i bought it i was looking for one with newish tyres on. When i bought mine it had just had a new set of Continental Sport Contact2. So when one got wrecked i was absoloutley gutted. I thought the rim was done as well but i`ve had it checked and it`s o.k. Was going to leave the car off the road for a while till i saved up but today had a new tyre fitted as i think i got it at a brilliant price. A Conti in 265/30/19 for £175 fitted, valve and balance. Skint but happy. Just took the car out for a 60 mile run through the Wolds. Bloody love it. I`m just paranoid now and stare at the road looking for things to avoid.:(

I was always a "if you want a fast car buy one don't get a slow car and spend a fortune making it fast" type of person. I used to take the p*ss out of people if they even put a go faster stripe on their cars.

I now have a nitrous kit fitted to my car, I all but got the kit I required to do a twin turbo conversion as well at one point. if I had the money I would stick a 7 psi supercharger on it instead.

My interior is now all but completely changed, stereo, seats dash, carpet, and am looking at the headlining next.

My exterior has side skirts bigger wheels meshed up grill, and will soon have different indicators.

My brakes have been totally upgraded and will go a step further (when a florida based company get their orders out hint hint).

I love MY car. I don't want to sell it and buy a TT because I want MY car. I have become attached to it like no other machine I have ever known. You see the state of my other cars and you will see what i mean. Its almost like a relationship for me now. The only simile I can do is my wife aint the racyist model on the planet and certainly isnt the fastest lady around but I would not want to swap her for anyone else even if they were fully loaded. A respray every now an then, a new pair a shoes, an a little tweak with some periodic maintainance might keep her lookin sweet ;)

Originally posted by dangerous brain

I was always a "if you want a fast car buy one don't get a slow car and spend a fortune making it fast" type of person. I used to take the p*ss out of people if they even put a go faster stripe on their cars.

:looney: Over the space of nearly 9 years i`ve spent 12k on my Daihatsu. But i`ll never sell it because i love it to bits, plus i want to finish it as over 200bhp out of a 1litre three cylinder would be something special! Told my new wife that the Supra will only be staying 6 months so as to get it out of my system, but after driving it over the space of this week i don`t think its going anywhere in 6 months!:D

200bhp out of 1ltr 3 cylinder, your some kind of magician arent you :p

I have owned mine now for just over 2years and probably put around 8k into it, because of that I havent been out on the piss much, or bought anything new lately, but when you catch that bug, other things arent as important.... ;)

Originally posted by Scarface GTti

There are 2 or 3 with 200bhp kicking about. In Japan they`ve had nearly 250bhp out of them but they only last about 2 race meets. They are reliable up to 200. At Trax a mildly modded one (around 130 to 140bhp) did a 6.6sec 0-60 run! Not even got an LSD fitted.

Was that this year/ Did he put it around the circuit as well as I remember seeing a particularly quick looking mini-car thing out there.