The mkiv Supra Owners Club

carbon vvti cam cover

jjs_82

If the quality is good I may be, but I suggest you contact the mods prior to starting a thread about a GB.

No need, I will be getting them made, they will be motorsport quality carbon, no fibreglass backing etc. By the fact these are pre preg lay up and not wet lay up they are not shiny, they can be laquered if you wish at extra cost, the quality is the very top you would expect.

It has to be quality vs price though surely? Theres a reason why things are fibreglass backed as its cheap and 99% of people wont know the difference or even care!!

So I would be interested to see pricing on both.

I think £120 is cheap whatever the lay up JB, got plenty of pics etc of all the TVR stuff our guy does. Also does one off stuff like the airbox for the TB equipped SLK we have but that is £1K !!!!

Its going to ber difficult how to work this one out, its not a big enough seller to just go and do it, the cost of set up etc is high and therfore we need at least a few people to commit to buying these. This is where reputation comes in to play, I would need small deposits, these would be refundable if the product was of poor quality (trust me I wont be paying out for it either) but as it wont be a big money maker im not interested in funding the set up off my own back.

Well i'm up for getting one. Would need it laquered so it would match my apr Radiator Cooling Plate

Was going to do matching rad plates as well, not having a difg but it always makes me chuckle seeing shiny (read HEAVY) carbon, Carbon was always to save weight and provide strength, to me its like wearing a fake bullet proof vest in a war zone .............................pointless.

Lol well sure I could always take the laces out of my boots to even out the weight of the clear coat :)

All adds up dude, a 'wet' layup glass backed cover is prob 3 times the weight of a 'proper' pre preg lay up. The laquering process can be a pain as sometime there are minute pin pricks in the carbon that contain release agent, however im pretty sure pre preg wont suffer from this, I will see whats what tomorrow, Ill need to post something in the 4 sale section as we are wanting to do fuse box covers (small and large) and FMIC cover for £200 the set.

How much for just the 2 fuse box covers

Cheap;) Ill get an exact price tomorrow, works out a lot cheaper to have the whole set though, also doing the 2 front timing belt covers. The fuse box covers are replacement covers not stick on over the ABS type.

Confused now, so jjs_82 is organising the group buy (but needs to contact the moderators first to get it approved) but is buying from you and so the £120 is the price for your version?

Err I think so, i told him if he could get enough interest I would get some made.

Confused now, so jjs_82 is organising the group buy (but needs to contact the moderators first to get it approved) but is buying from you and so the £120 is the price for your version?

As dude said he is getting them he just wanted me to see if I could get enough interest