The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RLTC diagnostic cable

paulfurn

Hi all :)

Just a quicky for those with RLTC.

Does anyone happen to know what type of cable/plug comes with the RLTC package? i.e the cable that connects to unit to a laptop in order to upload new .dat files, or to run the diagnostic program?

Is it just (for e.g.) a serial cable, a parallel cable or something else totally different that Ill have to go to Racelogic to buy?

I cant seem to find mine in the box, and if the peeps who installed it cant find it Ill probably need to buy another, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Hi Paul,

Mark from sextons, How's the car? hope you are happy with the work. Just to let you know the racelogic data cable you mention is already pre-installed into your car. If you want to access the cable it is placed ontop of your ECU cover which is located in the passengers footwell. as mentioned it is a serial connection so will plug directly into you laptop/computer.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by questionboy

Hi Paul,

Mark from sextons, How's the car? hope you are happy with the work. Just to let you know the racelogic data cable you mention is already pre-installed into your car. If you want to access the cable it is placed ontop of your ECU cover which is located in the passengers footwell. as mentioned it is a serial connection so will plug directly into you laptop/computer.

Hope this helps.

Hi Mark!

Yes, that helps a lot, thanks very much indeed mate.

The car's great, thanks!

Im sorry for my ignorance in all of this, Im still just tenatively getting used to a lot of the bits, and as youve probably guessed I havent looked at the unit yet, I was going to call to ask where it was first! :)

The work is amazing mate, very neat, and it sounds absolutely superb. The RLTC has already saved my bacon once as well.....

Thanks again for your help Mark, very much appreciated mate :thumbs: :)

Originally posted by paulfurn

Hi Mark!

Yes, that helps a lot, thanks very much indeed mate.

The car's great, thanks!

Im sorry for my ignorance in all of this, Im still just tenatively getting used to a lot of the bits, and as youve probably guessed I havent looked at the unit yet, I was going to call to ask where it was first! :)

The work is amazing mate, very neat, and it sounds absolutely superb. The RLTC has already saved my bacon once as well.....

Thanks again for your help Mark, very much appreciated mate :thumbs: :)

LOL! you should of said that Mark had done it in Maidstone, I would of been able to tell you that it was black taped up onto the plastic cover that goes over the ECU!! :D

Ben..

P.S. Cos Mark did a great job on mine and he put it in the same place.

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

LOL! you should of said that Mark had done it in Maidstone, I would of been able to tell you that it was black taped up onto the plastic cover that goes over the ECU!! :D

Ben..

P.S. Cos Mark did a great job on mine and he put it in the same place.

DITTO ... :)