The mkiv Supra Owners Club

a couple of shots after all my hard work!

redsupraman82

ok, so here is some finished shots from my conversion. I did a N/A to TT conversion and swapped out the auto box for a W58 5 speed! i changed the rear wind to the TRD, sourced a UK spec bonnet, fitted a JDL front, polished most of the pipe work, dyed the carpet and headliners black, amongst other things! im no where near a mechanic and did all this with lots of research and a butt load of Patience! but to all those out there wanting to do it......have a go yourself! if i can do it, im sure you can, and i only had limited tools, not a whole workshop!

Thanks to all you guys that helped me solve little problems here and there, but all worked out great in the end!

Here you go.... your thoughts please!

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Great effort doing it all yourself!!!

Not a fan of the skirts though and really don't like the JDL front...it annoys me that the OEM side markers hang in that gap as it looks like a bodge due to the narrow gaps JDL left for their own version of side marker!:rolleyes: otherwise I would say that it was one of the better fronts for the Sup due to how low and aggressive looking it is.

Thanks for the kind comments! its funny, i am actually going to be replacing the skirts as the guy that had it before me decided to saw them in half to get them to fit now there are cracks and alsorts on there i have patched them up but will be replacing! what does anyone suggest? to go with my trial rear and JDL front. i do quite like the trial skirts or the OEM ones.

Looks like great work, well done :thumbs:

out of interest, what would it be worth now? with a TT lump (47k) 5 speed manual and an aerotop? along with stage 4 clutch full leather interior FMIC etc.... im in no way thinking of selling! not after the amount of blood, sweat and tears has gone into it, purely just out of interest...

I would probably value it at the cost of an aero plus a TT engine. That's got to be around the 7k mark I would have thought.

yeah i cant go much above stock power thats why i put a big stage 4 paddle cluch in there but i have to admit im not a fan of it! its either on or off! and really stiff getting it into 1st!

If you adjust the clutch pedal that will help you getting into first. As for the on/off switch that's just what a paddle clutch is unfortunately. They are a bit of a beach to drive.

adjust..... please tell me how! i missed this! lol

On the back of the clutch pedal there is adjustment for the rod that goes into the clutch master cylinder. If you screw the rod into the cylinder a little this will make the biting point lift up the pedal. You only have a little bit of adjustment but every little helps.