The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi

AndyAldridge

Hi

My names Andy, hope everone is well and cars running sweet!

I now have my first supra (AT LAST!!!!!) love it to bits, I am new to the whole forum business so bear with me!! Lol

I have done nothing to the car and on it when I brought it:

Stand alone ecu,

Bleed valve,

Front mount inter cooler

It's running 404bhp

I have been looking at a web site http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/ for help on the engine. From reading this site I am now worried about my bleed valve being in the wrong place I do have a photo to upload but can't seem to do it!! It's mounted on the drivers side, right by the bulk head and is connected to an 'S' bit of vacuum pipe work above the second turbo and then joins the unpressured side of the second turbo! Is this right?

I also have concerns because when the first turbo starts to spool there is a weird really light sounding fluttering/whistling/squeaking noise which seems to disappear when the car is really warm! When the second turbo kicks in the noise goes away completely??

Any idea's???

Any help would be greatly apreciated!!

Many thanks

Andy :)

Welcome Andy look forward to seeing the pics of your car. Im not sure of the bleed valve issue but im sure someone will be along shortly with an idea. As far as the squeeking goes its doing it when cold but whan it warms up it goes away that right? It could be the water pump pulley mine was doing this aswell but check all the pulleys on the front of the engine including the crank pulley. it might just be the belt that needs tightened though. Hope its an easy fix for you.

It's a mine's ecu. I've had it on the rollers and it's running really rich!! It boosts at 0.6 bar @ 2500 rpm then at 1.1 bar @ 4500 rpm seems to be running ok!

What's really rich?

Do you have the dyno plot you can post up, ideally the one showing AFR.