The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LPG conversion

Guest Fast as a glacier

Guest Fast as a glacier
If it helps you can also try searching google for LPG conversions on the Toyota Aristo (JDM Lexus GS300 with the same engine as the JDM Supra) as thats a more common conversion and often done at BPU levels.

Its something i'm really considering but safety is paramount cos i got 2 kids.. I just wondered if anyone had it done so i could have a natter with them. Googles fine but talking to someone who's actually had it done would be valuable to me. Cheers though pal.

Havard on here used to have a converted N/A, now owned by Purity14.

Not sure if he did it or if it was already done. Maybe drop him a PM.

Indeed I did and indeed it is, it wasn't done by me and he shouldn't.

I bought the car with the conversion already done on an old vapouriser system. The modern systems are injection now though.

As my car was a weekend toy I never really used the LPG and probably had it two years before I tried to fill the tank up again. The LPG never really worked for me as the car used to stall and flood when it came to a halt. Brendan bought the car and immediately got the LPG working again and it has saved him a small fortune as he uses it for work.

It maybe worth sending hima pm but it's all about the maths of getting the job done, against how much you will use it. It also takes up about 30% of the boot space and will make an NA slower due to the extra weight.

H.

Fitting LPG to a car that doesn't already have it, especially a six cylinder turbo, will be costly and only pay for itself if you do big annual mileages. On an old car like the MKIV it probably isn't worth doing, IMHO. And like alarms, it's only as reliable as the installer makes it. I see some REAL abortions on cars where a good LPG system is rendered a total liability by shoddy installation.

Its something i'm really considering but safety is paramount cos i got 2 kids.

Well I currently drive an LPG converted LS400 that I bought back in November to use while my JZA70 was tucked up for winter, and as far as safety goes LPG tanks are stronger than petrol tanks and the LPG itself is harder to ignite than petrol. Having lived with it for a few months its not really something I would want to be without unless the cost of LPG balloons, I was planning to sell the LS400 and get the JZA70 converted in the spring but now I have decided to sell both and get a UKDM JZA80 I am also planning to have that converted upon purchase. I was quoted £1650+VAT, given my annual milage the fuel saving would cover this expenditure in under 1 year, after that its just 69p a litre cruising :)