The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Generating Interest: Uprated Rubber Diff mounts and Uprated OEM Suspension Bushes

TheTurtleshead

Hi Guys; Basically the Big case diff I got from Kenblockseal had had the stock rubber differential mounts on the 'ears' of the diff removed. I'm 99% sure you cannot get these replaced from toyota, and nobody makes a polyurethane kit that replaces this bush. Superpro do a poly kit, but it only goes 'around' this bush, it is not a replacement part.

I really did not want to go solid bushes, as I would imagine this is horrible on a road car. I approached a company local to me who make custom bushes and mountings for motorsport and the automotive industry at large. They already make 2JZ engine mounts, and the construction of these is simply beautiful!

They produced these in a day for me, I will have more blurb from them soon on exactly how much stiffer they are than stock, how they are made and some pictures of them apart from the diff. They should help cut down on axle tramp over stock bushes! I will test them out over the next two weeks, and if they are good they said they will start producing them, any interest in a group buy out there to get it started?

Please bear in mind these are only prototypes, and will probably change in design and appearance a bit :) They said they would work on the rear mounts as well in the future!

attachment.php?attachmentid=146899&stc=1&d=1330105302

attachment.php?attachmentid=146896&stc=1&d=1330105302

attachment.php?attachmentid=146897&stc=1&d=1330105302

attachment.php?attachmentid=146898&stc=1&d=1330105302

You can also use your stock castlelated top bush instead of the uprated one, if the ride is too harsh! So you can have two different options of stiffness :)

They are going to produce me a full set of rubber suspension bushes to replace and update the OEM ones. As I am planning on rebuilding a set of subframes for my car. Any interest out there for OEM Quality replacement suspension rubbers?

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2498.JPG

IMG_2499.jpg

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

The Diff mounts cost me £150, but they're a prototype so that's more than they will be I think. Throw in the fact that solid ones are around £260 from titan, and will give much more road noise and vibration, these look like a winner! The rubber on these is very hard, and whilst you can move it with your fingers with a bit of effort, it will be much more solid than stock. Diff mounts are the same mate, big case to small case.

Yup, full set of rubber bushes, ARB's, Suspension arms, the lot!. No indication of price on them as I haven't even discussed it with them yet, or managed to get a set of subframes to strip.

The Diff mounts cost me £150, but they're a prototype so that's more than they will be I think. Throw in the fact that solid ones are around £260 from titan, and will give much more road noise and vibration, these look like a winner! The rubber on these is very hard, and whilst you can move it with your fingers with a bit of effort, it will be much more solid than stock. Diff mounts are the same mate, big case to small case.

Yup, full set of rubber bushes, ARB's, Suspension arms, the lot!. No indication of price on them as I haven't even discussed it with them yet, or managed to get a set of subframes to strip.

Mine has a Titan solid rear end, did you notice any vibration or extra noise from the back when you was in the car? ive certainly never noticed any difference.

Mine has a Titan solid rear end, did you notice any vibration or extra noise from the back when you was in the car? ive certainly never noticed any difference.

With a full 4" exhaust system and 1100 HP... Do yo really expect to notice anything when you're in there Jamie? I don't think we can really use your car as a comparison.