The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey, volunteers / testpilots wanted.....

Guest goldy

Hi I'm Simon,

I'm an ex mr2 owner (don't hold it against me) and have signed up here on Ryan @ 2bar tuning's suggestion. Some of you may know me from my escapades supercharging my old 3SFE MR2... See :

I've been working in the MR2 community and have devloped a Flappy Paddle Tiptronic gear shift kit to work with the Toyota MR2 Auto. I'm now working with Ryan @ 2bar to take the kit forward to work with the MKIV Supra N/A & Turbo.

We're looking for a willing volunteer in the Northwest with an Auto Supra Turbo to test and demo the kit, which can be provided and installed for free. There's a video of it in action on youtube :

Give me a shout if you're up to being a testpilot!

Cheers,

Si

The kit will literally shift as fast as the gearbox allows, on the mr2 vid the delay is down to the gearbox, I've driven this on a 1mz camry gearbox and its lightning quick! Not driven a supra so I can't compare!

Dan, I'll drop you a pm with my phone no.

Target Price is around £750 with steering wheels display and all, but can be customise to suit your requirements.

The kit will literally shift as fast as the gearbox allows, on the mr2 vid the delay is down to the gearbox, I've driven this on a 1mz camry gearbox and its lightning quick! Not driven a supra so I can't compare!

Dan, I'll drop you a pm with my phone no.

Target Price is around £750 with steering wheels display and all, but can be customise to suit your requirements.

Make sure to swing by mine when you've got one :D

I'm 95% sure it'll work on the n/a as it is, interested in testing it with a TT supra as they have electronic line pressure control!

Johnny, I'll swing by next time I'm at the rents though I haven't got the mr2 now, thinking about buying a 1980's celica supra next year!

Would be good to finally see somebody develop this. Racelogic tried back in the early noughties to make it work and gave up due to the ECU having so much control over the gearbox and finding the line pressures were hard to control.

So it would be good to see this done.

I had a look and it look through some of the literature and it looks reasonably straightforward (famous last words), is there a supra TT workshop manual online somewhere, wiring diagrams would be a help!

Are yes, your from Twobrutal. I mentioned that if you could get this to work it would be a god send for the MKIV.

Ive seen your flappy paddle box of tricks in the the V6 MR2.

Shame i dont have mine fitted yet.

I remember on Kent car club, it's a good plan to get this working on the Supra as so many of them seem to be Autos and would benefit from this!

There was a link posted on ClubAristo about this, looks very interesting. Id love to volunteer but my car is in many, many bits.

I hadn't considered the Aristo but the 3.0 turbo is the same engine and box right? Give me a shout when your car's back together!

Did Dave and Richard not already do this? Or is this a different method of getting it to work?

Was that not the TT gearbox with the electronic line pressure control removed (the TT / N/A) hybrid with a suprastick?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the delayed reply! Haven't cracked it yet on the TT, it works on the N/A, I had a look into the line pressure control and have made a new prototype currently in the process of moving so the upgrades have taken a bit of a back burner.