The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from the states!

Guest rpk2012

Guest rpk2012

Hello everyone, my name is Ryan and I am from Texas! I am here because I am doing a 2JZ-GTE VVT-i swap in my MKIII and would like to get a bit more technical information and possibly share my experiences with others who may be doing something similar.

I am also on Supraforums AU, Supraforums, and Supramania. I am halfway through my project already, and at the wiring portion which I think I am going to have a pro look at. As I have time off work and I am not working on the car I will post up a build thread.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum.. We like a Super Supra build so please do keep us updated.. Include some pics please.. Why a MKIII body? Are the MKiVs exspensive and hard to find in the US? I have heard its almost impossible to import them and can't be done without a couple of smash tests.. Good to have you on here..

Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum, where abouts in Texas are you from? I spend a lot of time out in Austin myself, love it over there.

Are you off to Supra Nationals? If your going past Austin on the way give me shout as there is a group of us who meet up and drive over to Houston together.

Guest rpk2012
Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum.. We like a Super Supra build so please do keep us updated.. Include some pics please.. Why a MKIII body? Are the MKiVs exspensive and hard to find in the US? I have heard its almost impossible to import them and can't be done without a couple of smash tests.. Good to have you on here..

Hey, I have owned many Supras so far, but all were MKII's and MKIII's. I would love to have a MKIV but to find one in decent shape is a little out of my range right now with a kiddo and a new home. It would be very hard to get a JDM MKIV over to the states due to regulations, but people do bring the illegaly. I will post pics as I am able and start a thread for the swap.

Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum, where abouts in Texas are you from? I spend a lot of time out in Austin myself, love it over there.

Are you off to Supra Nationals? If your going past Austin on the way give me shout as there is a group of us who meet up and drive over to Houston together.

Hey, I am from Lubbock, TX. I am up north near Amarillo. This year I am sitting out of the nationals :(. I plan to attend in 2013 with my car but I could not get off work this year for the event. If your still around next year I will hit you up for sure.

Hi and Welcome to the Club :)

Thanks!

My colleague was over from the US and when I drove him up to Milton Keynes from London he couldn't believe the amount of BMW's, Mercedes & Audi's on the road, then to top it off, loads of Range Rovers. He thought that we were all loaded as in the states you have to be quite well off to own them. He then saw a 05 plate BMW 5 series and when I told him you could pick one up for £5k he was gobsmacked!

Oh and welcome to the club :)