The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What belts need replaced in the bay?? ten/aux and cambelt??

Supra N_A

it seems to be making a screeching sound on idle and driving ever so slightly do you think replacing these will help??

cam belt is the timing belt?

is this kit any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Supra-JZA80-3-0-Turbo-NA-Timing-Belt-Kit-Aux-Belt-/280324479897?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4144a41b99#ht_1550wt_1270

it seems to be making a screeching sound on idle and driving ever so slightly do you think replacing these will help??

cam belt is the timing belt?

is this kit any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Supra-JZA80-3-0-Turbo-NA-Timing-Belt-Kit-Aux-Belt-/280324479897?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4144a41b99#ht_1550wt_1270

I'm not so sure, I don't know if the VVTi belt is the same as the non-vvti.

Troop, don't Buy a timing belt and tensioner from eBay, you don't know what crap your buying. Buy genuine Toyota parts or parts from a trader on here, atleast you know the quality is good. I wouldn't fit anything else especially for something as important as a timing belt.

I would go with OEM over any other brands to be honest. I've got a nearly new OEM timing belt if you're interested, looks new.

getting confused here people sorry been along day so is the timing belt the cam belt the same??

just been told the timing belt has been done, so this leaves me just needing the fan belt to change correct?

getting confused here people sorry been along day so is the timing belt the cam belt the same??

just been told the timing belt has been done, so this leaves me just needing the fan belt to change correct?

Yes, timing belt is the same as the cam belt. Just be sure that it has been changed as it's a pain if they go on you. If you are happy that the timing belt is fresh then just the fanbelt, yes :)