The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member on the prowl

Guest Moddingdog

Guest Moddingdog

Hi guys and girls, maybe shoot me down in flames here, but I am not a Supra owner, I am a Skyline owner who came to learn a bit about the 2JZ GTE engine to swap into mine. I have an R33 GTST soon to be an R334 Wide arch. If you are happy enough to talk to me I am all ears lol. If not, then I will lerk in the background.

Guest Moddingdog

thanks for the welcome, I am in Telford 3 months of the year normally and Saudi Arabia the other 10, not for long though, quit my job and coming home.

Hi guys and girls, maybe shoot me down in flames here, but I am not a Supra owner, I am a Skyline owner who came to learn a bit about the 2JZ GTE engine to swap into mine. I have an R33 GTST soon to be an R334 Wide arch. If you are happy enough to talk to me I am all ears lol. If not, then I will lerk in the background.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/wraith888/R334%20Wide%20arch/9eeadf95.jpg

Hi mate and welcome.. Why don't you just get a Supra? The 2JZ is a very good motor to have.. Dude on this forum from Austec is busy to build a drift car for a lucky lady.. It's also a skilyne with a very nice looking 2JZ in it. There should be a thread about it on here. I will look for it and post it on here..

Guest Moddingdog
Hi mate and welcome.. Why don't you just get a Supra? The 2JZ is a very good motor to have.. Dude on this forum from Austec is busy to build a drift car for a lucky lady.. It's also a skilyne with a very nice looking 2JZ in it. There should be a thread about it on here. I will look for it and post it on here..

Thanks for the welcome, only reason I didn't buy a Supra in the first place was because of having children and lack of rear seats. I had a Subaru WRX before I bought the Skyline for the same reason. Although my RB25DET engine has been very reliable I am thinking 5-600bhp in a reliable 2JZ will do the trick nicely. I'll have a look for that thread.

Thanks for the welcome, only reason I didn't buy a Supra in the first place was because of having children and lack of rear seats. I had a Subaru WRX before I bought the Skyline for the same reason. Although my RB25DET engine has been very reliable I am thinking 5-600bhp in a reliable 2JZ will do the trick nicely. I'll have a look for that thread.

Ahh.. Well please keep the project updated on here with some nice pics.. Good luck with the build mate..

Guest Moddingdog
Ahh.. Well please keep the project updated on here with some nice pics.. Good luck with the build mate..

Will do, the body kit is all metal by the way apart from the front and rear bumpers. The front being an original plastic bumper and the rear being a custom one off with diffuser.

Wheels are being changed for some dishy Rota GTR-D's

Guest Moddingdog
Welcome to the club you should like it here and nice project you have too. As said above dude from austec has some great builds going on so check them out if you can.

It is nice and refreshing to see that not every new member on here is a total berk :D

I am 35 years old and past the Berk stage lol. I used to be in the military and a well disciplined Aircraft Technician, so not come on here to start a war of Skyline's v Supras.

I am 35 years old and past the Berk stage lol. I used to be in the military and a well disciplined Aircraft Technician, so not come on here to start a war of Skyline's v Supras.

I only posted that as someone come on here claiming to know a lot which amuses me, Surely even if you know loads a bit of humility goes a long way.

You seamed clued up anyway and the fact you post photo's means everyone will like you regardless.

Guest Moddingdog

Can I mention the company here? If so I will post it, but if not I will PM you. Just notice the thread you guys are talking about. Seen it on the Skylineowners club as well http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?263723-Slightly-different-2JZ-project&highlight=Austec

I'm going to need some custom engine and gear box mounts as well as engine loom, custom exhaust, ECU etc. So probably asking a load of questions soon.

Guest Moddingdog
I only posted that as someone come on here claiming to know a lot which amuses me, Surely even if you know loads a bit of humility goes a long way.

You seamed clued up anyway and the fact you post photo's means everyone will like you regardless.

I work on Tornado engines with 2 x 40,000lbs of thrust not car engines, so starting from scratch here with the 2JZ. I am no stranger to tinkering with cars though and love carbon fiber, had my own business once selling the stuff but packed it in, two jobs is far too much. I also used to own Lambodoorkits Ltd and sold that, been in the scene for over 10 years, so know a lot about nothing lol. I am brave enough to even turn up to Supra meets when my projects is done so people can see the conversion, doesn't bother me.

Edited by Moddingdog (see edit history)

There are a couple of sooties on here already dude, I'm an ex-rigger, as are a few others. Had a fair few mates head out to Saudi, think all of them are back, they just not treat you like they used to by all accounts.

Welcome to the club, there's a shedload of info and some very clever people, and some, well, not so!

H'n'S

Adam

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.474547,-0.712842

Guest Moddingdog
There are a couple of sooties on here already dude, I'm an ex-rigger, as are a few others. Had a fair few mates head out to Saudi, think all of them are back, they just not treat you like they used to by all accounts.

Welcome to the club, there's a shedload of info and some very clever people, and some, well, not so!

H'n'S

Adam

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.474547,-0.712842

Well I am both Rigger and sootie, split brain! A lot of people went out to Saudi but now want to come back home as they do treat you like rubbish.